porsche loses it at 224 MPH

taintedme

Established Member
check the ending. pretty scary what losing a sunroof can do at 224 MPH. the guy's response is classic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-dZl_VV4JQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - EVOMS and JOETWINT at Texas Mile 224+ MPH with Evolution MotorSports[/ame]

16kOrBust

Established Member
Damn, my initial response when it started to twist sideways would have been, "Well this isn't good...".

Jarrett H

Established Member
That was actually relaxed driving. If he would have over-corrected, he might have ended up hitting the green sideways and might not have lived to go home.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
wow.. that has to be one crazy ride., The weeds comment was awesome. I agree... the guy was totally relaxed.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Here's a pic my buddy got of the Porsche's skid marks during a helicopter ride. :rockon:

4026889554_a99c2fe80b_o.jpg

Link to other pics including a GT500 that caught on fire: :eek:
Texas Mile - Oct. 16-18, 2009 - a set on Flickr

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Hmmm...it seems like the car straightend back up without any counter steer after going completely sideways. Weird but amazing.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
The skid marks posted from the heli were a different porsche that spun. That was a cool video. The guy in the white shirt that said "good job living through that, your speed was 224" was me. I was in timing and scoring. I got a good laugh out of him saying we needed to cut the weeds. It took him prob 30 minutes to come to timing and scoring to pick up his slip. He was still sweating bullets!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea he was joking about "clipping the grass" for us on the big end. He had TONS of grass stuck in that car. He probably wasn't joking around right away. Like I said it took a good while before he brought the car down the return road to timing and scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread