Porsche 918 Spyder Hybrid set for 2014 Release

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
sounds like the ferrari will do everything the porsche will, maybe even better??

who spends $845k for a car and then doesn't spring for the $84k racing package?? i don't understand why have this option

o2gt

Established Member
not that impressed it will be amazing im sure but for the price and what porsche does with its other cars i think the missed the mark on this one. it is likely to perform at a lower level than both the ferrari and mclaren. this car does not do it for me like the Gt did a decade ago. I would have loved to see porsche not go the hybrid route and build a super car in the vain of the last one. this is progress i suppose. my understanding is they have not even sold their allocation at this point, if that is true i believe that says something. give me the new gt3.

Josh

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
sounds like the ferrari will do everything the porsche will, maybe even better??

who spends $845k for a car and then doesn't spring for the $84k racing package?? i don't understand why have this option

The racing package deletes most of the bits that make the 918 a good everyday street car -- A/C, sound insulation, stereo, paint, etc. It's fun bragging rights to have the version of the car with the best 'ring time, but it is less fun when you actually, you know, drive it.

We'll see what McLaren gets out of the (lighter, more powerful, higher-downforce) P1.

TorchMach

Established Member
The racing package deletes most of the bits that make the 918 a good everyday street car -- A/C, sound insulation, stereo, paint, etc. It's fun bragging rights to have the version of the car with the best 'ring time, but it is less fun when you actually, you know, drive it.

We'll see what McLaren gets out of the (lighter, more powerful, higher-downforce) P1.

Yeah I can't wait for Car and Driver or Top Gear to do a comparison with the P1 and the 918!

Users who are viewing this thread