Poor MPH Roush 427r in the 1/4

Rossim22

Established Member
Is the i/c reservoir bubbling after the car's been running for about 10 seconds? Try tapping it with a hammer or just buy a new one for peace of mind

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Keep us updated on the status of the car and let us know when he gets back to the track.
Will do!
I had a leak and my intercooler tank ran dry ,but I lost 12mph trap and 1.8 sec in the 1/8th! I can see a bad ic as the problem.
Yikes that sucks!
Is the i/c reservoir bubbling after the car's been running for about 10 seconds? Try tapping it with a hammer or just buy a new one for peace of mind

Yep it has to be tapped to make it work. This is how the mechanic diagnosed it. He is replacing it this week and will dyno it also. We should know not only if its fixed but what it is putting down.

SheizaSoSay

Established Member
You should SERIOUSLY convince your friend to get him to put a mezeire 22gpm pump in instead of that bosh 4.4(?) gpm pump. Mine failed, same pump too. That pump is a big step up on heat management.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
He swears he only missed a gear on one run and it was at the end of the 13.95 run (which was his best),. His car is making power to the 1/8th and he is still in it but it just slows down LOL! Heck i had to drive it to see for myself and it does hit a wall of some sort but its not real noticeable and mainly noticeable if you are wot. Meaning if you drive normally while shifting you would never know it had an issue.

Well I drove it and got the same results. Luckily a local shop was at the track and one of their mechanics came over and looked at it. Turns out that the Inter cooler pump is possibly bad. Will update next week after they fix it.

He didn't miss a gear, it does it no matter who runs it, as 3 people ran it friday night. Its the IC pump. Mechanic said not to run it and get it to the shop because the heat can really hurt it.

Will do!

Yikes that sucks!

Yep it has to be tapped to make it work. This is how the mechanic diagnosed it. He is replacing it this week and will dyno it also. We should know not only if its fixed but what it is putting down.

He's going into 5th.

Now you would get pissed if I made some "READ the THREAD" comment! But c'mon man!!! He is NOT going into 5th, was even breaking up a little last week bbefore the mechanic came over at the track. It is at the shop now.

Users who are viewing this thread