Poor Little Cobra Kit Car

jwlast

Established Member
Rolling through sparse Sunday morning Albuquerque traffic I notice a guy in a red with silver stripes Cobra kit car hanging out in my 6 oclock position about 25 yards back for a a mile or so. He rolls up next to me, puts about a car length on me at the speed limit so I can take a look and be intimadated (roll bars, 5 pt harnesses, shift light, bad ass side pipes, girlfriend, etc).
Lo and behold a red light greets us. Light goes green I kinda limp forward waiting for him to respond with the first move......I hear him nail the loud pedal and its game on......he puts 1/2 a car on me in first, by second its all over as I've got a car and a half on him and he back pedals.........life is good.

Last edited:

Darkwave1

Established Member
Also from the 505 (Albq)!!! Where were you guys at when run happened ? Sweet Kill !!! Saw a dude the other day in a GT with Cobra badges and rear bumper !!! He wouldn't let me line up with him .... kept doing Ricer fly by ...till Montgomery came up and I turned up towards Tramway hoping he would follow so we can have a friendly run .... but no ... he kept on :shrug: !!!

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
Also from the 505 (Albq)!!! Where were you guys at when run happened ? Sweet Kill !!! Saw a dude the other day in a GT with Cobra badges and rear bumper !!! He wouldn't let me line up with him .... kept doing Ricer fly by ...till Montgomery came up and I turned up towards Tramway hoping he would follow so we can have a friendly run .... but no ... he kept on :shrug: !!!

There are lots of gt's in Albuquerque with cobra badges on them they never want to run me also.

Darkwave1

Established Member
There are lots of gt's in Albuquerque with cobra badges on them they never want to run me also.

I remember when I had a GT and everyone and their mama wanted a piece !!! Now most my runs are against people who think Im a GT with badges :-D !!! Not going to lie though ..... there are some mean ass rides out here ... especially Vets !!!! :rockon:

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
I remember when I had a GT and everyone and their mama wanted a piece !!! Now most my runs are against people who think Im a GT with badges :-D !!! Not going to lie though ..... there are some mean ass rides out here ... especially Vets !!!! :rockon:

Are you on TSC also?

jwlast

Established Member

Paseo west bound, by the FAA building

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
You beat a Shelby Cobra reproduction?

Those cars are light but not sure what powers them now?

Darkwave1

Established Member
Paseo west bound, by the FAA building

Nice !!! I think I have seen you around a couple of times ... unless there are a couple of Yellow Cobras around town ... doubt it though !!! Nice set up for our sh*t gas up here at elevation :beer: !!! Going Whipple eventually ... as for now 125 shot on top of Stage 6 port . Just got it all settled out ... will only use spray at track (when I finally go) or on the few Vets that have put it on me LOL !!! Port alone seems to do the job most the time :burnout: !!! On spray 592 rwhp 669 fttq :rockon:

jwlast

Established Member
You beat a Shelby Cobra reproduction?
Those cars are light but not sure what powers them now?

Doesn't matter, if you're going to talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk (or something to that affect) or be prepared to get sand kicked in your face.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Yea op spill the beans damnit, what kinda vehicle do you drive :cuss:

an nice kill btw:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread