Poor Camaro

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I sold Camaro and sat in our floor model over and over trying to get myself to like it, never could get over the sitting in a bunker feel.

Great description. Last gen Camaro I nearly bought a ZL1. Came so close I even rented an SS for a weekend. Then I drove the GT500... Game over for Camaro. The GT500 was just so much more fun to drive, see out of, better seating position, etc.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Honestly, sales across the entire pony car segment have been relatively poor for quite some time. Consumer interest has definitely shifted.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The Camaros are poorly advertised unless its in a Transformer movie. 4yrs of ownership and 49000 miles of ownership in mile and it brings a smile everytime. I get letters every week wanting me to trade in for a 6th gen. In all honesty I would for the simple fact they are beast with bolt ons. Ugly yes/ Fast yes it is

Dusten

Established Member
Everyone complains about the interior, lol....mustang and camaro guys bitching about each other’s interior sound like two bums fighting over who’s cardboard box has the better ambience. We don’t buy these cars for the interior...
Maybe you don't. But If I don't like a cars interior, I don't ****ing buy it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
200.gif

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Well i guessed that from you. The F-bodies had terrible interiors

Nope. Which is why I always buy cloth and base model.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I hear that. I like my shit light for the stoplight racing i get into. Now the wife on the other hand does not do cloth. Learher seats, sunroof :confused:, the whole weight adding shebang. Makes me sad :(

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Well i guessed that from you. The F-bodies had terrible interiors

I hear that. I like my shit light for the stoplight racing i get into. Now the wife on the other hand does not do cloth. Learher seats, sunroof :confused:, the whole weight adding shebang. Makes me sad :(

The 4th gen fbomb was no worse than the new edge cobras. I had both 4th gens and 01, 03 cobras and interior was an after thought in my buying decision for any of them...only a homo wouldn’t buy an 03 cobra because he didn’t like the interior.

BTW don’t you love turd gens, lol, just lol...

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The 4th gen fbomb was no worse than the new edge cobras. I had both 4th gens and 01, 03 cobras and interior was an after thought in my buying decision for any of them...only a homo wouldn’t buy an 03 cobra because he didn’t like the interior.

BTW don’t love turd gens, lol, just lol...

I love turd gens. Once you LS swap it then BOOM you forgot all about how bad that interior was

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Besides no one buys a camaro for the interior. They buy it for its Mustang crushing power and modibility. Poor ugly bastard is on the chopping block anyway.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Besides no one buys a camaro for the interior. They buy it for its Mustang crushing power and modibility. Poor ugly bastard is on the chopping block anyway.

If the local dealers start in with the crazy discounts, rebates, the ZL1 may be worth a look. I remember seeing 15+K off 5th gen ZL1s and Z28s in the end, even a few close to 20K.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
If the local dealers start in with the crazy discounts, rebates, the ZL1 may be worth a look. I remember seeing 15+K off 5th gen ZL1s and Z28s in the end, even a few close to 20K.

I gotta call my guy one day and get the final word from him. But its all but done for the Camaro. Ugly ****er turned into a catfish again and now it’s getting axed.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

No offense, but the lightning had pretty sparse interior in them. I love the trucks and dream of owning a 1st and 2nd gen like you, but that damn work truck interior

Dusten

Established Member
No offense, but the lightning had pretty sparse interior in them. I love the trucks and dream of owning a 1st and 2nd gen like you, but that damn work truck interior
I bought it in 04 when everything from ford was sparse. Even a king ranch super duty was pretty limited.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I bought it in 04 when everything from ford was sparse. Even a king ranch super duty was pretty limited.

In all honesty that is the only thing i hate with them. Ford threw the book at performance and said whatever at the interior

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
And to think when the camaro first came back I was excoriated on this forum for saying that visibility was terrible and hard to sit in and drive. Accused of not knowing how to drive lol.

Users who are viewing this thread