Pool of Coolant

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question, just recent my hose to the heater core into the Firewall blew out and spilled coolant all inside the engine bay.

Today I noticed white coolant residue within the valley of where the Water Pump resides near the lower bolt. The water pump was changed a few months back with a W/P from AZ. This has the weep hole up top.

I don't see that it has leaked from the hole itself as the weep hole looks clean.

My question is, can the busted heater core hose cause coolant to splash onto the valley of the water pump, and without my knowledge just sit there and burn?

I am just curious, I do get a small faint smell of coolant at stop lights when I hear the fan turn on, I am not sure if it's still burning off the coolant residue, the hoses were fixed about 8 weeks ago. I am going to clean the valley of the water pump tonight very thoroughly and keep an eye on it.

I appreciate any feedback.

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
LMFAO!

It now looks like the Second W/P from AZ is crapping out, a third W/P looks to be on the horizon.

Have you guys gotten bad W/P's from AZ or elsewhere? This is pissing me off. Lol!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
autozone stuff as garbage, plain and simple. Between friends and myself weve been through alternators, starters, IAC valves etc... We all refuse to buy their junk anymore

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Thanks, I will be able to get a refund, but first, I'll need to buy a W/P from American Muscle and show receipt that I had to buy it elsewhere. Thanks again.

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Just my luck American Muscle is out of stock, has anyone bought a W/P from LMR it's the Gates W/P, are these good?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
NP, and I 2nd the AZ parts are crap.. You think you'll save money but by the time you have to pull the part 2-3 times(Alt,WP,PSP,Starter). It just makes sense to spend the money on quality parts. I have done it and learned the lesson.

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
Ford doesn't carry them anymore? The last one I got from Steve (then Toulsey(sp)). Ford has an error in their Cobra WP catalog. Make sure you get the WP with the short shaft.

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Yes, I got the short shaft, the guys at AZ kept insisting it was the longer shaft despite me having the W/P in front of them.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is your pump the same as an 03 Mach1? Ive got a motorcraft pump from my mach that only had a couple hundred miles on it. It mostly sat on my work bench after losing the motor. I ended up putting a stewart pump in just because

I think mine is the short snout style. PM me if youre interested

Users who are viewing this thread