PONY WARS 2013: Feb 9 in Valdosta, GA

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
The year before last when you did that type of classes we had three cars there and did not make a class with any of them. That was a lot of effort for nothing. If I had driven a long way with plans on making the race I would have been upset.....

I realize that you can't please everybody and we will be happy to be there how ever you set it up but the brackets allow everyone a chance to race......just saying.
Thanks for putting this on.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
^^^please explain what that means? How could you not make the race with classes, but you would with brackets?

A manual trans class and and auto trans class should cover everyone, don't know what else you could have...DOT tires and then have a quick 16 race for the cars on full slicks, which Scott Boda will win, so don't waste your time lol.

Also, got my hotel for Friday night, staying right down the street for, the pre festivities!

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
What I am saying is, that if they take the 12,16 or what ever number of cars that run the closes et and do that for say an 11 second, 12 second and 13 second class and the spread is only a few tenths between all of those cars, "which it should be to keep it competitive" and lets say that all of those cars are in the top half of the class "upper 11s, 12s and 13s. If you are running in the lower half "low to middle" of that class then you don't make the race.
I hope that makes sense.

And again, I am not complaining. I am just glad to be able to go to this event, so please take this in the manor that it is being offered. I have been involved with putting on this type of thing in the past and I know it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everybody so you have to do what is best for the sport or the masses.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
10-4 that's why I said make it a run what you brung race...

If you got a manual transmission on dot legal tires enter that class

An auto then enter the auto class on dot tires..

Then for guys who are on full slicks and know there out of everyone's league run in the quick 16 class with other race cars.

Gives everyone a chance to race, with only 3 classes I see this as the only way to make it fun, maybe if there were
10 classes you could have cars within tenths racing each other, but this is not the case.

If they don't come up with something like this ill just test and tune and have fun that way.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
10-4 that's why I said make it a run what you brung race...

If you got a manual transmission on dot legal tires enter that class

An auto then enter the auto class on dot tires..

Then for guys who are on full slicks and know there out of everyone's league run in the quick 16 class with other race cars.

Gives everyone a chance to race, with only 3 classes I see this as the only way to make it fun, maybe if there were
10 classes you could have cars within tenths racing each other, but this is not the case.

If they don't come up with something like this ill just test and tune and have fun that way.

I run full slicks but by no means is my car ultra fast and I won't win any class.
My goal is just to be able to get a lot of runs in and have a good time.
Not very fond of brackets especially with a stick car.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I run full slicks but by no means is my car ultra fast and I won't win any class.
My goal is just to be able to get a lot of runs in and have a good time.
Not very fond of brackets especially with a stick car.

Well true.. I shouldn't have said slicks have to run quick 16 race--

I would however LOVE a stick car only race, any tire any set up as long as its street legal as far as insurance and registration

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
That will be impressive on 18s.
My VMP TVS powered stock motor car likes the traction from slicks.

Have you ever raced at SGMP? I have a feeling in this weather, and the way SGMP hooks you will see your single digit slip as well, if you run slicks.

I cut a 1.49 60" on 18's at SGMP, the rest of the track wasn't there that day because it was only about 10 street cars running, with no heat in the track. Would have been my 9 second slip if we didn't have 20mph headwind.

I've been 10.10@139 on the 18's I will John Force burnout to the 1/8th if I have to in order to get that 9.99 LOL :rockon:

evo2ls1

Established Member
I am really looking foward to seeing you guys run all the fast street cars, not too worried about the "race", just enjoying alot of street cars at a great track

cajuncreeper

Established Member
If we can get the suspension dialed in before this along with upping the boost 2# and modifying the tune we are going to make the haul up. We have been trying to get ready for this but have had multiple set backs. If the car isn't ready I might just take the family up for the events.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
If we can get the suspension dialed in before this along with upping the boost 2# and modifying the tune we are going to make the haul up. We have been trying to get ready for this but have had multiple set backs. If the car isn't ready I might just take the family up for the events.

What kinda times are you shooting for? I see you will be making some power, it's a manual trans car right?

cajuncreeper

Established Member
Looking for a 9.9X, the car is making plenty of power just need to plant it to the track in the top of 2nd and in 3rd. And yes it's a stick that likes to skate around on 28x10.5 stiff side walls. The suspension is unloading at too quick of a rate and we will try to get this adjusted over the next week and a half.

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Sweet, good luck to you. We will be a good race! We need to take out the Chevys and dodges instead of each other though hah! I might bring slicks just to see what it will do but really want a 9.99 on 18" drag radials

evo2ls1

Established Member
9's is the new 10's lol, just when I was starting to work towards 10's its the old 11's barrier now haha, I have had a million setbacks, one still currently holding me up but will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread