Pony projector lights! No warranty on them???

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
So I was talking to service department about my pony projector lamps being jacked up. He tells me it's not covered under warranty??? Then says that several have been rejected by ford for the warranty to cover it. This sounded like straight bullshit, so of course I was like wtf are you talking about its not covered. That's a f*cking defect...blah blah blah. So anyways he ended up scheduling an appt.

I guess it's a wide spread epidemic that they don't last for shit and cost 250 bucks to fix. Anyone we having issues with their lamps? Getting repaired under warranty?

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
The passenger one on my beater literally fell out of the mirror itself. The plastic tab was still stuck in the mirror assembly. Took it to Ford who took pictures to make sure I didn't hit anything with it and they replaced it a few days later under warranty. Car had 1,200 miles on it.

Searched the web and found another person had the same issue with the tab breaking.

kingnut

Established Member
you talking about the LED under mirror lighting that comes with the comfort package?

IGO 202

Established Member
I have them taped over on mine so the horse doesn't show up on the ground, not a big fan of that option.
Dan

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
As long as they are original equipment on the vehicle They should be covered under the 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Mine are disabled- unplugged 'em. Then I saw in the wiring diagram that I could have just pulled the fuse, it feeds those lights only.

Regardless, somebody's feeding the OP a line of BS, those are warrantable like everything else for 3/36 minimum.

Zemedici

Established Member
Mine are disabled- unplugged 'em. Then I saw in the wiring diagram that I could have just pulled the fuse, it feeds those lights only.

Regardless, somebody's feeding the OP a line of BS, those are warrantable like everything else for 3/36 minimum.

bingo. Sounds like a lazy service writer.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member

Thats what I was assuming...i thought there would be 0 chance for it not to be under warranty.....they are defective. then he started talking about water getting in and messing them up. I was like dont give a f about the poor design.

But he did act like it was cool not to even bother. I think he was expecting me to say ok and leave.

Little did he know Im an undercover a**hole.... At that point it was time to get real :fm:

EDIT: i will be talking directly to the service manager when i bring it to the appt.

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
chic's dig'em...you know how much ass I get from those little horsy lights?!!

people like them so much, even after the imagine has been horribly distorted people are like man thats cool.... im like umm you cant even make out what it is lol

84GTTurbo

Established Member
Ford corporate has gotten anal about warranty repairs on these new cars. It was rediculous what the service person had to do just to get my rear view mirror authorized by Ford corporate for a replacement. He had to take like 10 pics of my mirror and front windshield and overall car and that still wasn't good enough. Had to take the car back up there for more pics because corporate didn't like the first set.

Going for broke

Established Member
The passenger one on my beater literally fell out of the mirror itself. The plastic tab was still stuck in the mirror assembly. Took it to Ford who took pictures to make sure I didn't hit anything with it and they replaced it a few days later under warranty. Car had 1,200 miles on it.

Searched the web and found another person had the same issue with the tab breaking.

Mine did the same thing.

ATTFighter

Established Member
I have them and love them and everyone who has seen them loves them. My first pair were defective they got all jacked up within a month or two owning the car they would show a splatter not a horse. Brought it to dealership and he ordered new ones and took them 10 secs to replace they pop out. And they were fixed under warranty. New ones have been fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread