Pony projector fell out

SaleenTV

@THELASTVENDETTA
Established Member
SO I own a 2013 5.0 and this is for my friend with a 2015 5.0 premium. Basically the passenger side projector lamp, fell out of the mirror and is hanging there. I havne't yet looked at it myself, but here is a picture of it
IMG_1097_zpscrqaonpf.jpg

So the question is, does anyone know how this hooks in? Are there clips or glue? Also has anyone else experienced this on there 15? Havent took it to the dealer yet. Most likely wouldn't have a replacement clip or whatever in stock. Thanks

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I would give it a firm push , back into place , see if it stays long enough to take it in to the dealer.

This is warranty covered.

Zemedici

Established Member
tape it up and take it to the dealer. They'll swap it out in 20 minutes under his 3/36 b2b warranty :beer:

I experienced it on 2 cars at my last dealership where I was writing service, rather common issue.

Last edited:

SaleenTV

@THELASTVENDETTA
Established Member
It just falls back out anyway. So we will tape it up. I definitely know about warranty bs. I work for a chrysler dealership. Thanks for the advice though:thumbsup:

Zemedici

Established Member
its got little clips on the sides of it I believe. These clips are very brittle and tend to just snap.

Zemedici

Established Member
Just confirmed it with my trim tech, there's a little tab on the side that you push with a screwdriver to release it. So there's a tab on the lamp itself as well as a piece inside the mirror that it snaps into.

SaleenTV

@THELASTVENDETTA
Established Member
Just confirmed it with my trim tech, there's a little tab on the side that you push with a screwdriver to release it. So there's a tab on the lamp itself as well as a piece inside the mirror that it snaps into.

Great. Thanks for looking into it for us :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread