Poly spring isolator on one side?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey guys wanted to gather a couple of opinions on this. My 2014 is lowered on Sportlines. Drop is perfect and handling is great. I was poking around at the car tonight and was checking rear fender to tire clearance and noticed one side has about 1/8" more of a gap. Not a huge deal, but wouldn't mind having that extra clearance for when I do wheels/tires and the wheels ride further out flush with the fender. Anyway, does anyone see an issue with running a polyurethane spring isolator (Energy 9.6106) on the side that's lower to get me that extra 1/8" or so?

Last edited:

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Make sure your springs are clocked properly. The bottom pigtail should be facing in the same direction on both sides. Having them off will cause them to sit differently, causing that difference in ride height.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Mine does the same. Gotta get under there and figure it all out too. Looks like the SAME exact issues as sn95 cars. I remember going nuts trying to get my car to site PERFECTLY even.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
1/8"? You are OCD. Check tire pressure too.
I wasn't lying haha. Tire pressure is good.

all cars are like that, weight differentials on different sides of the car
Yes I understand this completely. My question is derived from having the same clearance on both sides for wheels/tires that sit more flush with the fenders.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Just need times to settle. My BMR springs were off by about the same after initial installation. After a couple months, it was basically even, within 1/16 or so.

2A107D67-B6D4-4EE8-BE77-ACD074F82203-2206-000002000EDB69A8.jpg

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
It's been a couple months, but thanks for the suggestion.

Like I said I'm more looking to see if anyone has any feedback on running one polyurethane isolator on one side in the rear to get me the 1/8" or so on the side that's slightly lower. It's really for clearance purposes, you can't even tell just looking at the car obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread