Poll: Who has had trouble logging Downstream Air Temp / IAT2 / ACT2 on the SCT X4?

Who has had trouble logging Downstream Air Temp / IAT2 / ACT2 on the SCT X4?

• Have you had errors logging IAT2 on the SCT X4?

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • If so, have you opened a ticket with SCT customer support?

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • If a ticket was logged, was the issue resolved?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Or, have you always been able to accurately log IAT2 specifically on your SCT X4?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I am conducting a poll to determine (select multiple answers, if appropriate) :

A) How many members of this community have had errors logging Downstream Air Temp / IAT2 / ACT2 on the SCT X4?
B) If so, how many have opened a ticket with SCT customer support?
C) If a ticket was logged, was the issue resolved?
D) Otherwise, how many members always been able to accurately log Downstream Air Temp / IAT2 / ACT2 specifically on their SCT X4?

It seems as if this issue resurfaces every month or two and most people have either given up entirely or switched to a competitor (nGauge, aeroforce, etc.) to log downstream air temps.

I spent the last nine months trying to reach a resolution on this issue. I dealt with three separate techs, and I noticed a recurring pattern with how my situation was handled:
1. Back and forth communication with the tech. Answer some token, basic questions.
2. Send data for them to analyze.
3. Wait...
4. Ask for an update... maybe get a response.
5. Ask again for an update... get no response.

From searching the forums to find a solution, I found that several of you had very similar experiences. After having three poor experiences with SCT tech support over the last several months, I decided to email the VP of sales at Derive Systems, Scott Barbour, and outline my struggles with SCT customer support. He assigned Christine Heidel, the director of sales development and customer success, to investigate why this hasn't been resolved. I am hoping to compile some data here to back up my claims to Scott and Christine that there have been several of us trying solve this issue, and, to my knowledge, no one has succeeded. I have also pointed out to them that SCT has developed a very poor reputation in the GT500 community as a result of poor support. Before responding, please consider that it is not the intent of this thread to bash SCT; rather it is to help them improve as a company and resolve an outstanding issue that many of us share.

Thanks for your input,
John

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I admire your persistence and I'm glad someone is still pursuing this issue.
I had a thread a couple of years ago to see if I was the only one with this issue and it turned out there were others. I didn't contact SCT about this because a member told me that he had already, so I figured it should be resolved soon.
But nothing happened, so I've been monitoring IAT2 using Aeroforce.

I hope this pays off.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Personally, I had switched to using HP Tuners for my personal car a number of months ago and the IAT2 datalogging was added for my strategy by Eric Brooks at HPT. I no longer have needed to continue trying to have SCT add the IAT2 Downstream Temp PID. The DMR may have been added since I tried but I do not know.

TheGovernment

Established Member
SCT has crap customer service. Man, I've been trying to get the newest firmware for my livewire for 2 weeks now, 4 emails, not 1 answer. The time as come to buy a new tuner and I went with ngauge because I will not be dealing with someone who doesn't even answer a email.
Plus, I had a few vendors tell me how afrul SCT is to deal with.... ngauge and tune on its way from VMP as we speak.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I have never logged valid post-supercharger air temp data with my SCT X4. I generated at least two trouble tickets for these PIDs/DMRs (and others) and provided all information and datalog files that were requested by SCT and received the response "we are working on it, and it should be fixed with the next update." In the meantime, I reverted back to my SCT X3 to datalog valid DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP data. For those who want to know what we are seeing in the logs, I attached pictures:

ACT2 PID (Air Charge Temp 2), Notice the crazy values and that the graph is going down instead of up at WOT

ACT2.jpg

DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP DMR, Again notice the 0 values and now the graph is headed the right direction at WOT

DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP.jpg

And finally SCT X3 DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP DMR with good values at WOT

X3_DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP.jpg

railroad

Established Member
I guess I do not feel as bad about not being able to set up to data log on my SCT X4. My tuner preferred using his X3. I was going to get him to set up my X4, but he relocated to a new profession.
I wish someone would post a hands on instructions for setting mine up, since I struggle with the terminology and procedures.

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
So, being that I just bought a new to me 2011 GT500 SVTPP, what tuner should I get? I was thinking about the SCT4, but now, I am wondering. Should I get an SCT3 or Ngauge?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I have been calling for a year to get IAT2 fixed on the X4 with no luck. I decided to try again on May 6, 2016 and thought I had a good guy in Rudolfo who asked me to send both X3 and X4 configs and logs but never heard back. I wrote them again this week with no reply.

I help capture logs on a lot of cars and this problem is on all of them since X4. I'm real curious to see details on those who got this to work on this combination.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
We talk a lot about heat soak in discussions involving heat exchangers with and without fans, and upgraded intercoolers and reservoirs. Here is a graphic representing downstream air temp and its affect on timing. This is a previous street tune on my car with aggressive timing pull at WOT due to high IAT2s. Anyone want to guess at how much power I am leaving on the table? When trying to achieve max performance from a given setup, it is critical to have accurate data so you know which area you need to improve to get the desired results.

IAT2 affect on timing.jpg

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Guys--thank you for all of your input. At the moment, SCT is having me look for a parameter called "downstream air temp 2". Has anyone ever heard of this? I cannot find it anywhere.

Hillbillyhotrod--would you please post a screen shot of your X4 logging IAT2 when you get a moment? Also, what year is your GT500? I don't think this is just a 2010 issue as both Ben and Steve are also reporting the same problem.

fullboogie

Established Member
I've got an earlier car ('07) so I don't have your IAT2 problems. But I have zero faith that SCT will fix your problem based on my recent experience when upgrading from an Xcal2 to an X4. After scanning for available PID's in Livelink, I noticed that several were missing that are available using the Xcal2 and the old version of Livelink (6.5). For example, there is no PID for fuel pump duty cycle, injector duty cycle, fuel pump pressure, and one or two others. In the new software (Gen 2), a few of these PID's do not exist, and one or two of them have been relegated to DMR status - which means poor accuracy. Several phone calls to SCT "engineers" have been frustrating, as they at first deny the problem exists, then after viewing my Livelink 6.5 vs. Livelink Gen 2 datalogs proving my point, these guys sing the same song - we'll address it in an update.

So far the SCT guys I've spoken to have been polite, but there's nothing about their demeanor that tells me there is any interest in fixing these problems.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
^I had much better luck with the older version of Livelink 6.5 as well when remote tuning with Lund. I have the SCT X3 and remember having problems updating it via their website. Finally said screw it. Was going to "upgrade" to the X4 but changed my mind.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Guys--thank you for all of your input. At the moment, SCT is having me look for a parameter called "downstream air temp 2". Has anyone ever heard of this? I cannot find it anywhere.

Hillbillyhotrod--would you please post a screen shot of your X4 logging IAT2 when you get a moment? Also, what year is your GT500? I don't think this is just a 2010 issue as both Ben and Steve are also reporting the same problem.

I'm touching base with them again today.

I'll keep you guys updated.

bj

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Huge shout out to SCGallo2. He actually mailed his X3 to me to borrow so that I can log my IAT2s. Only took a few minutes for me to figure out how to successfully log IAT2 on the X3!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
It was an easy decision to help a fellow forum contributor. If all goes well, you should be able to gather some good information that will help you with heat management and performance… and hopefully you will have some good technical data to share with the GT500 community ;-)

:beer:

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
It was an easy decision to help a fellow forum contributor. If all goes well, you should be able to gather some good information that will help you with heat management and performance… and hopefully you will have some good technical data to share with the GT500 community ;-)

:beer:

I hope so too. So far no good data to share but at least I have data! Thank you again, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread