POLL: What is your idea of "heavily modded"???

What do you consider to be "heavily modded"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rocket5979

Established Member
I keep seeing people talking about other vehicles they raced and referring to them as "heavily modded". I see the "heavily modded" term being thrown around from modlists containing such things as what wax and spark plug wires are used on a vehicle to bigger stuff like power adders and the like. Just curious what YOUR idea of "heavily modded" is???

My idea of "heavily modded" is AT LEAST one kind of power adder (if not stock FI...IE 03/04 Cobra...) with some bolt-ons... Just full bolt on's doesn't seem to go into my "heavily modded" category. Of course I guess one would have to describe what "bolt-ons" are too to really get the idea of what "bolt-ons" mean to one another.

I am just wondering what everyone else thought on this? Sometimes I find it purely hilarious what some people think is "heavily modded" or "full bolt-ons".

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I think once a car has a kb or whipple with supporting then it's heavily modded....b4 that it's much easier to go back to stock with pullies and tunes and such

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think even with a ported Eaton it's still not heavily modded. Unless then it has complete full length headers and everything else. Solid rear etc, etc.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
A Power adder Like a Whipple, or NOS. With full suporting mods (drive train, fuel and cooling)

Depending on the rest, I think an Eaton car can be "Heavily Modded" IF there are things like Headers, a Lower, etc

Bottom line is also power......
I think it's not "Heavily Modded" until it's well over 500rwhp, Like 520+

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
a car isn't heavily modded unless it has a redone motor, a power adder (or insane NA setup), beefed up driveline, suspension.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Depends on the car. I don't think there is any specific criteria for this that spans all vehicles. For me though, driveability and the number of things affected by the modifications play important roles though. The more things that are affected, and the more difficult it becomes to drive daily, makes it more "heavly modded" in my opinion.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i notice a lot of people place headers under the "heavy mod" category....why?
Heavily modded to me is one that has everything. many of the twin screw and turbo cars at WFC are heavily modded in my opinion, but generally i'd say it's different from car to car......i don't consider a cammed ls1 motor heavily modded, but do heads and a shot of gas or motor work and then it is. but with a cobra i think all the bolt ons, a twin screw with nitrous and race suspension/cage/solid would be. it's all relative

ModMike1572

Established Member
IMO modded would mean chip, pulley, exhaust, etc

Heavily modded would have to be kb's, whipple's, + all supporting mods and bolt ons.
You should easily be in the 600rwhp range to be considered heavily modded.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
it depends on the car... if a civic is at 400whp then its def heavily modded... i'd say heavily modded is if a car has at least 100whp more than stock... so in my opinion a ported pullied cobra is heavily modded... and a cam full bolt on ls1 is as well... but a full bolt ons GT mustang isn't lol

Bluejoker

Established Member
Heavily Moded = Full Exhaust, Gears, Tires, and at least 1 kind of Major power adder (Cams & Ported Heads, Forced Induction, or Nitrous)

Skrapmetal

Established Member
lloyyd said:
I wouldn't consider my car "heavily" modded. Built motor & spray on top, then maybe.

See, I'd call yours heavily modded. If it were built, I'd call it built.

That's a step up from heavily modded imo.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
redfire550hp said:
I think once a car has a kb or whipple with supporting then it's heavily modded....b4 that it's much easier to go back to stock with pullies and tunes and such

+1

rocket5979

Established Member
Yellow2003 said:
Bottom line is also power......
I think it's not "Heavily Modded" until it's well over 500rwhp, Like 520+

Sweet... So my Explorer would be "heavily modded" then. :-D

Nah, actually I think KBX goes well beyond heavily modded, even though it is not putting down as insane numbers as what a 03/04 Cobra would be to be considered heavily modded. It also is putting down 300+ rwhp more than stock. :rockon:

I really got thinking of this because of that thread and people saying that even if you have ONE power adder they consider you heavily modded, which I don't agree with. The reason for that is because on my daily driver I have a 100 wet shot running progressive w/ remote bottle opener along with two other minor bolt-ons and I don't consider that car ANYWHERE close to heavily modded. But according to some people it would qualify. :shrug: It is putting down well over 100+ rwhp more than stock. :shrug:

I sure didn't expect this thread to get so many replies this quickly. I do see there is at least one smartass, 03 DSG Snake, who voted for the "meguires wax and NGK spark plugs" option. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

TrueBlueVenom

Established Member
Bluejoker said:
Heavily Moded = Full Exhaust, Gears, Tires, and at least 1 kind of Major power adder (Cams & Ported Heads, Forced Induction, or Nitrous)

agreed. mine BETTER be considered "heavily modded" when I get it outta the shop. hehe. no power adder; just built motor, ported heads, Stage 3 cams, 4.30s, tougher IRS...

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on the car. Built motor at the minimum. Tranny, rear end, suspension, cage, etc. all benefits. Hp doesn't really play into the equation for me - it could be a little weenie miata that was spec'd out for a road course and it could be heavily modded with only 200rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread