(politics) is it true???

UVa SVT

Established Member
I really value you guys' opinions....this is why I ask...

Is it true that Kerry is for the treatment of servicemen/women as normal civilians (i.e. not offering military discounts, etc)

my brother is a recent graduate of westpoint and wholeheatedly serves the country and will soon be reporting to service in Iraq.

I think that him and his wife and newborn baby on the way should get some kind of discounts and special consideration considering their husband/father is off serving the COUNTRY in Iraq (whether he be believes in the war or not).

I know this probably is in the wrong secion to post this in, but what do yall think? should soldiers and their spouses and siblings get at least some special treatment because of their oath to our country?

:smoke:

-Mike

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
As a current and proud member of the US Air Force I can't tell you how I feel, good or bad. Wish I could.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
While not a fan of Kerry I don't believe that is his position. Nothing I've heard anyway. Being a current member of the US Army I like the little bennies that come with the job. They do more for my family while I'm gone and occassionally we'll get a good deal on vacation discounts.
Do wish they'd solve our retirement pay issues. For anyone not aware we have a base pay scale for each rank. Then you get additional money for food, married, housing, special duty and hazard duty pay if your job calls for it. But when you retire they only calculate from your base pay...it's a shock for many retirees.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by crazy4ink
As a current and proud member of the US Air Force I can't tell you how I feel, good or bad. Wish I could.

And why can't you give your opinion? It's just that, your opinion. It's not like you are speaking for the USAF.

I think he would be incredibly stupid to try and take away military benefits.

Mach1driver

Established Member
Originally posted by DaleM
While not a fan of Kerry I don't believe that is his position. Nothing I've heard anyway. Being a current member of the US Army I like the little bennies that come with the job. They do more for my family while I'm gone and occassionally we'll get a good deal on vacation discounts.
Do wish they'd solve our retirement pay issues. For anyone not aware we have a base pay scale for each rank. Then you get additional money for food, married, housing, special duty and hazard duty pay if your job calls for it. But when you retire they only calculate from your base pay...it's a shock for many retirees.

Whats even more shocking is we aren't treated the same when it comes to Social Security even tho we pay just like everyone else.

When I was medically retired in '99 after 11 1/2 years in I learned that unlike everyone else I could not draw Social Security Disability because I had not worked the 40 or so quarters in the civilian sector to qualify.

Then we get screwed again with concurrent receipt. :cuss:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Mach,
Whats funny is the politicians will publically support the military and concurrent pay issues but when it comes time for the vote, they bail on it. Oh well, I still have a hard time grasping the concept they pay me for this! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread