Polished Shelby Venice Wheels

svt662

Established Member
I was just wondering if anyone has these wheels? How do you think they would look on a DIB Convertible? Thanks!

svt662

Established Member
I have not purchased the wheels yet but thinking of purchasing and looking for some advice..

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I bought a set on the ebay store at the blowout pricing. I got them at $1425. For the price, they are a great deal. If you look closely, you can see some light scratching in the polished surface. But for $400 a piece, I can deal with it. I do like the fact they went 9.5 in the front and they DO CLEAR 13-14 Brembo calipers with room to spare. Rears are 10.5. These are perfect for a 275/35 and 295/35 tire setup. Mine are still boxed, but some of this may help.

Tom

svt662

Established Member
I noticed the light scratches in some pictures but I thought that I must be dreaming! I think you are right on they are priced right so why not take a chance! Thank you for your reply.......

Ohio Snake

Established Member
i have the black Venice wheels with 285/35/20 up front, 305/35/20'out back.
9e80ceabc2baa064a970d6cc5f7c5ebc.jpg
4ea9adea1df82035f2b9d6f4c952b516.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svt662

Established Member
Your Shelby looks Great! Thanks for posting the pictures..

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Your Shelby looks Great! Thanks for posting the pictures..

Thanks for the compliment. Im systematically converting to super snake specs with Shelby parts.....hence the Shelby Wilwood brake package in the pic.

Personally, I think the black looks best on dark cars and the polish looks better on either.

The only color combo I thought was bad was black car with white stripe and the black wheels. The tires looked like oversized tires due to the white stripe.

GT/CS-08

Established Member
I just purchased a set of these as well but in all black. I am equally interested in hearing from anyone else that has them regarding tire size. I was also thinking about going with 275/35 and 295/35 even know the Shelby website mentions 275/35 and 305/30. I like the 295/35 set up on the rear better because the speedo will be more accurate but would love to see what they look like on the 9.5" and 10.5" wheels. Thanks in advance.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I just purchased a set of these as well but in all black. I am equally interested in hearing from anyone else that has them regarding tire size. I was also thinking about going with 275/35 and 295/35 even know the Shelby website mentions 275/35 and 305/30. I like the 295/35 set up on the rear better because the speedo will be more accurate but would love to see what they look like on the 9.5" and 10.5" wheels. Thanks in advance.

I have the 285/35/20 on front and 305/35/20 on the rears. The speedo has not been an issue at all.

I just thought of something.... Your car did not come with 19"/20" OEM staggered fitment and 3.73 gears. What was your OEM tire size and gear ratio? The smaller aspect ratio may be bettor for for the speedo or am I thinking this wrong?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
My good friend HooperWest ordered a set and had them shipped to me for pickup. I opened a box and my God are they are ever a sharp wheel. Polished aluminum finish looks clean and the machine work looks to be well done. A very nice wheel indeed.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
My good friend HooperWest ordered a set and had them shipped to me for pickup. I opened a box and my God are they are ever a sharp wheel. Polished aluminum finish looks clean and the machine work looks to be well done. A very nice wheel indeed.

The Venice is an awesome wheel with the hologram certification sticker inside the rim. Really happy with them. Very important to use the correct lug-nut size described by Shelby and get a plastic protected or coated lug nut socket set. I got the anodized black chrome lug nuts and locks to match the wheel.

svt662

Established Member
Does anyone know if the 2017 50th wheels will be offered for the 13-14 Shelby's or would they even fit? I tried to post a photo but no luck!

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member

I have a set of black ones in the mail, hopefully here by end of the week. I ordered 315/35 for the rear. The 305/30 they suggest are smaller diameter than the stock tire on the performance pack cars and look a little funny in the photos, and I wasn't sure if the 295/35 would be stretched too far on that wide of a wheel. Can't wait to get them on the car, I'm thinking the black with Sterling will be sharp.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I have a set of black ones in the mail, hopefully here by end of the week. I ordered 315/35 for the rear. The 305/30 they suggest are smaller diameter than the stock tire on the performance pack cars and look a little funny in the photos, and I wasn't sure if the 295/35 would be stretched too far on that wide of a wheel. Can't wait to get them on the car, I'm thinking the black with Sterling will be sharp.

Take a pic of the 315/35 wheel and rim on the car and let me know if you have any issues. I went the 305/35 route because the combination is known to have no issues.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Take a pic of the 315/35 wheel and rim on the car and let me know if you have any issues. I went the 305/35 route because the combination is known to have no issues.

Sure, no problem. I did a lot of research and it sounds like 315 **should** work, but I might be taking advantage of Michelins 30 day satisfaction policy. Wouldn't be the first time. The 295/35 tire is 28.1" vs 28.7 for the 315, so a little more than .25" difference in the wheel well.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Sure, no problem. I did a lot of research and it sounds like 315 **should** work, but I might be taking advantage of Michelins 30 day satisfaction policy. Wouldn't be the first time. The 295/35 tire is 28.1" vs 28.7 for the 315, so a little more than .25" difference in the wheel well.

Interested in the look as well. Sounds like the .25" increase should not cause any issues.

svt662

Established Member
Well, I purchased the wheels in the polished finish and found the sensors at Ford Racing Parts so now I will put a 275/35/20 Pilot SS on the front but not 100% for the rears? Maybe a Nitto 555R 305/35/20 just to feel safer or a Pilot SS 305/30/20 Still on the fence because I never drive this Shelby but when and if I do I think that the Nitto may be a good choice!

Users who are viewing this thread