Pmas

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The one that doesn't need a tune has a recalibrated MAF sensor that is plug and play. I'm not sure if it comes with the recalibrated MAF or if you have to send yours in to be recalibrated.
ohhh gotcha, thats why its a 100 bucks more, I think im going to order the no tune required PMAS intake today, I'll take another 20whp with no tune changes needed.

paluka21

Established Member
ohhh gotcha, thats why its a 100 bucks more, I think im going to order the no tune required PMAS intake today, I'll take another 20whp with no tune changes needed.

Have you decided to not tune this car? Keep us posted with how you like the PMAS intake. I had a discussion over on the other Shelby forum regarding intakes, and the PMAS and Whipple intakes seemed to be highly regarded.

beau t

Established Member
I started this post and I bought a no tune 120 cai and it just plain old works. You won't be sorry!!!!'
how is the fit and finish? does it rub on the valve cover,or hood? can you post up some pics? thanks in advance for any info

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My tune required Air filter is touching the hood insulator mat. Im electing to cut back that portion of the insulator to clear it. Should resolve that issue. Other than that its a well fitting kit.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you decided to not tune this car? Keep us posted with how you like the PMAS intake. I had a discussion over on the other Shelby forum regarding intakes, and the PMAS and Whipple intakes seemed to be highly regarded.
I honestly don't know, I kinda want to keep my warranty for awhile. I already have a OFR X pipe with my stock tune so I figured the PMAS INTAKE would be a nice touch to pick up some extra power.
PMAS makes a very good intake. We have them 20% off right now for Labor Day ! Let me know if you need any help.

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/pmas-cold-air-intake-shelby-gt500-2007-2014.html
Oh nice, I'll be ordering the no tune required intake tomorrow. $319 is a great piece.

deletednow2017

Established Member
I honestly don't know, I kinda want to keep my warranty for awhile. I already have a OFR X pipe with my stock tune so I figured the PMAS INTAKE would be a nice touch to pick up some extra power.

Oh nice, I'll be ordering the no tune required intake tomorrow. $319 is a great piece.

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any assistance!

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Geeze....now you guys have me wondering. I just installed Lund tuned XBA Plenum + KB 168 Mono + JLT 148mm CAI. I'm supposed to do a 2 pull chassis dyno Tuesday. I could use the upper JLT tube to connect the PMAS but would that be worthwhile ??

beau t

Established Member
It is a perfect fit and I am OCD. Lol

nice --- with my vehicles I'm CDO--- OCD isn't in order lol , did you order the tune or non tune, does it matter to a tuner either way vs other mods down the rd

cobra1718

Established Member
IMG_3403.JPG

Was unhappy with the black tube so I had another pipe hydro dipped

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
My car was just Lund Tuned on the JLT148. Now that it's dialed in Lund advised I'd not make HP gains with the new 149mm PMAS. But I get for those considering starting with the PMAS.

Users who are viewing this thread