plz help!!! id1000 installation

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I'm trying to install some id1000 injectors but it says to remove the spacer and install the new spacers but mine didn't come with spacers. Also I'm trying to install the injector but it feels like the purple end is to big for the retainer clip I'm comfused. Can someone plz help or post up pics?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I'm trying to install some id1000 injectors but it says to remove the spacer and install the new spacers but mine didn't come with spacers. Also I'm trying to install the injector but it feels like the purple end is to big for the retainer clip I'm comfused. Can someone plz help or post up pics?

the purple end goes into the fuel rail and IIRC we don't use the retainer clips anymore. you don't need the spacers just install as the came without the clips. the rails bolt down. they hold just fine.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Ok well I guess ill put the spacers back in and I won't use the clips. My installation manual didn't make sense I was so lost lol

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Yup don't use the clips. And a FYI if you ever have to pull the fuel rails again get a buddy to help on one side while you do the other. It's easier to make sure the injectors stay on the rails or gas goes all over the intake and valley. Then your car smells like gas.

06colorado

Established Member
Which clips are yall talking about? Mine came assembled with the purple spacers with clips in them. Did I install them wrong?

wmfateam

Established Member
1476595_552868064802663_263950957_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1474385_552867978136005_795019028_n.jpg
Here are a couple of pictures from our mustangs. One has the injector installed. The only clip that is used is the brass clip that holds the top hat(purple top) to the injector. The factory clip is not used. This makes it a little bit of a pain when removing the fuel rail later if the injectors pop out of the rail, just keep a rag around the injectors if you do have to pull it out. The injectors just get pushed into the fuel rail, then installed into the car, plug them in and bam. Putting a little bit of spit on the O ring helps them slide into the fuel rail a little easier. I have swap these things out once a month because we switch injectors for fuel map testing. Hope this helps. Any other questions just ask.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
See I was following the instructions and it said use the stock clips again I tried using one and I thought no way in hell. Also it said remove the spacers and put in the new aftermarket ones so that confused me to o well thanks for your help guys

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Dumb question... Is it OK to install ID1000s without an ID1000 specific tune?

Meaning... Can I install the new injectors and ride with them on my current tune, and when the ID1000 specific tune arrives program my ECU then?

wmfateam

Established Member
Doesn't sound like like a good idea, even if the previous tune was for injectors that flowed around the same, you could have areas where way too much fuel or not enough. I would say not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread