Plugs????????

gazim

Established Member
What is the most used plug with a 4# lower? Can i run stock lightning plugs or do i "NEED" a colder heat range.. I am going to do plus this weekend and want to get the right stuff thanks guys.

4# lower with a can tune... nothing special.

I should also note that I'm not worried about cost i know there are some plugs more expensive then others i just want the ones that work the best. thanks again

Just want the plug and its name or part number.

Last edited:

PGAssassin

Established Member
Out of curiosity who'd you get the can tune from and what'd it run you?? How you liking it so far?

JimIII@jdm

NGK TR6 plugs are your best bet, they are durable and the two heat ranges colder than stock so they fight off detonation. I would have them gapped to .032-.035" when you install them.

gazim

Established Member
its a Diablo off the shelf tune.... its very old same year as the truck. basic alb tune with 91 octane. runs strong 13.01 @ 104 with a 1.80 60 ft.

I will be getting a new tune this season at some point, thinking got a 6lb lower, and a valve body upgrade.

but overall its a brat running truck no complaints.

gazim

Established Member
Thanks for all the info I'm going to order my plugs tomorrow. NGK TR-6 (part # 4177). appreciate the feed back guys.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
No need to order TR-6s, just go to your local auto parts store, give them $20 and hold your hand out for change. A set of eight TR-6s cost about $18 total.

Users who are viewing this thread