Plug Gap for ported blower

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Getting mixed info on plug gap I should use with a Stg. IV ported blower, 2.93 upper and 4lb lower. Steig says .035 and other tuners say .030. I was going to go with .030. Any advice?

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Talked with NGK tech the other day. Told them engine is putting out over 500 to the wheels. Said to set gap at .035.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
I have mine @ .032 per James @ RWTD. He also says that .030 for a ported blower.
RWTD said:
I put this in a previous post the other day:

As for the plugs, I recommend the following:

- Denso IT20, NGK TR6IX, Brisk GO15IR (all these are Iridium plugs) - Stock to mild modifications
(up to 6+ psi over stock; gap to .032 to .036)

- Denso IT22, NGK TR7IX, Brisk GO14IR (all these are Iridium plugs) - mild modifications to wild modifications
(6+ psi over stock; gap to .028 to .032)

- Denso IT24, NGK TR8IX (both are Iridium plugs) - extreme modifications
(high boost; gap to .024 to .028)

I've put them in lines of the same heat range, too.

If you want an economical plug then try the TR6 (copper). Many use these with good luck, while others notice drivability quirks. There are other plugs, too, but the plugs above are really the only ones I have direct experience with. I'm not saying for anyone to do it, but Blwn98 on here runs them at 23 psi on his KB 2.4 equipped beast!

Regards...

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
TR6s at .035 is a good choice. Remember, you want the biggest gap possible as long as you dont have blowout. Bigger gap=more spark=more power potential....

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Ditto, but have heard some reputable folks recommend that 500+ should be .030 to .032..........
that's what trbo vnm just recommended to me for my set-up and i definitely trust his knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread