Please Tell me what happened ???

TWINSCREW04

Established Member
Hey guys i have a ? for you please help if you can , my buddy and i were driving his black 03 whippled coupe last night to a car cruise before we got up there the car was getting hott so we pulled off to the side to get some dinner we come back out and the car wont start the battery is fine what do yuall think it is ? ? ? ?

TWINSCREW04

Established Member
yeah we tried to turn it over and sounds like the pulleys arnt rotating and then cuts off. everything cuts off lights radio etc.

JAG63

Established Member
yeah we tried to turn it over and sounds like the pulleys arnt rotating and then cuts off. everything cuts off lights radio etc.

I had the same thing happen to me in a crown vic it was corroded battery terminals fords are fussy when it comes to this.

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
A battery low on voltage would exhibit the electrical issue with the radio, etc. being cut off during the attempts to start. I suggest taking a digital voltmeter to the battery and find out what the voltage is to start with if you haven't already done so for verification.

Still, the heating issue may be the main problem you have there though. Why did the car get hot to begin with? A healthy engine should not run hot unless it does not have a functioning cooling system.

Black Sex

Established Member
were the fans, and I.C. pump working? that could be your overheating issue

Last edited:

postalbunny

Established Member
if it was the battery then a start from rolling (turn key to run and pop clutch in 2nd) should start it. I bet you have a problem with one of the ground straps from the engine to chassis or battery to chassis.

I'd check for corrosion on all the battery,alternator, and engine ground hookups. Also, a reading from the battery while starting would probably tell you a lot as well... (dropping to 10volts, or is it staying at 12 volts etc).

homer302

Banned
You are there not me so I dont know what's wrong. That is obvious. However, a supercharger can NOT keep a car from starting. You can cut the belt off a Terminator and the car will still start. Run great? No. Make awesome power? No. But it will start. The blower can not prevent your car from starting.
I guess if it is totally seized, it could keep the starter from turning over the motor. Take the belt off before you pull the blower. If it won't start with no belt, that takes care of itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread