Please tell me this is fake news...

Zemedici

Established Member
Ford's "render" of the GT350 was dead nuts for how the car ended up looking. Why the hell would they change it? Why would a company whos banking on the car being a success change the design? The MT render is MILES off. We've already seen the damn car with nothing but stick on camo. If you think that the design will change, you lack a fundamental understanding of how vehicle/product launches work.

Woah woah woah.

@DepWraith has people on the inside, don’t you know?!?!?!

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Several of us do. Hence him getting push back. The people he claims are wrong where dead nuts about Coyote, Roadrunner, the S197 GT500 cars, etc etc... Yep, sure. They where dead nuts on all those but are wrong on this? Sure

DepWraith

Established Member
Ford's "render" of the GT350 was dead nuts for how the car ended up looking. Why the hell would they change it? Why would a company whos banking on the car being a success change the design? The MT render is MILES off. We've already seen the damn car with nothing but stick on camo. If you think that the design will change, you lack a fundamental understanding of how vehicle/product launches work.

Jesus people read what I wrote. I never said once it would change or that it wasn't accurate.

I SAID THERE WASN'T AN OFFICIAL PHOTO RELEASED BY FORD.

That was all.

There hasn't been.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Easy to prove me wrong, show me and actual PHOTOGRAPH released by FORD.

Does this count?

And I quote ...
From the photo of the blue with white stripes coupe,

Look out below!..At the 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

1527290550581.jpg

2019 Ford Mustang GT500 first official image finally revealed

ShelbyGT500.jpg

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
JFC.

You're arguing the wording someone used over an official media release?

Initially I thought you were arguing that it wasn't officially what the car would look like, but that's not the case. You're nitpicking the wording over this "photo" or "render" of what the car will look like? We know it will look like the render, that's why Ford put that out for us. It's an official rendering of the car.

What good can possibly come out of hanging on that? Were you wrong enough times before you need to hang on to something so insignificant that you can pat yourself on the back when literally EVERYONE understood exactly the point that was being made?

I'm just saying man, the reading comprehension thing was a definite case of throwing stones if that made it past you.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Both the video and picture are CGI/Renderings and not video/photographs, this isn't a secret and not sure why a few here are confused about it.

Listen you stupid ****, EVERYTHING today starts with a 3D model. If Ford released their 3D model as a render, it's what the car will be. As pointed out earlier, whether it's a photo or not is irrelevant.

DepWraith

Established Member
The birds eye view was a rendering commissioned by Road & Track and not an official media release by FORD. (It was the same artist that rendered the dark gray front end drawing.)

The only official media release image released so far is the animated video from earlier this year.

Not sure why this is confusing anyone and I haven't said otherwise during this entire conversation.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yet you feel the need to comment on conversation you weren't even a part of...what's that say about you?

That i know what I’m talking about
That you don’t
That others know what they’re talking about as well
That you don’t
That i call out bullshit where others won’t

Would you like for me to keep going? Gotta say, you’re persistent.

Tank5879

Established Member
doesn't the bird's eye have the signatue of the actual designer on it, and is therefore as "real" as it gets at this time?

Last edited:

nickf2005

Established Member
doesn't the bird's eye have the signatue of the actual designer on it, and is therefore as "real" as it gets at this time?
The renders are signed by a "Stevens". I did some digging and it's a Chris Stevens who, according to his Twitter, is a designer for Ford. I'd say it's as official as it can get without a Polaroid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I want to get on the list, but I can't see dropping 80k on it. That's used 911 Turbo/Ferrari 430 territory

Very used, at that. Not to mention significantly slower in all respects.

... i know i just paid way more than that for a 2018 Trackhawk, but given what that thing can do it is certainly worth it...for a mustang tho? bwahahahahaha ...

Hmm... Having owned a MOPAR product, I want to see if you still think it's worth it after just two or three years when trivial and not so trivial stuff starts failing. A couple years ago, I said I was gonna buy a Trackhawk, but that was when I was guessing the price would be around $80K. For $100K? No way. I'd rather spend that on a used Cayenne Turbo or GLE 63. Yeah, it'll be slower, but it'll also have a lot more tangibles than the Trackhawk. Depreciation will fall off a cliff at about the same rate, too.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I found this pic in a news feed this morning.

Anyone besides me not feeling the front end?

gt500.jpg

E

Users who are viewing this thread