please settle this for me....

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
A buddy of mine who has an '03 gt swears to me a 99/01 cobra is completely identical to the 03/04 mach's. I explained that the mach is the same motor(4.6L 32v) but has different cams, different intake, different compression ratio, and different rear gears. Also the mach's have 5-15 more hp and tq then the 99/01 cobras. Please help me settle this arguement, and put 20 bucks in my pocket, lol. thanks guys.

o0rikio0o

Established Member
you are right. the internals of a mach are different from the cobra. i'm not too sure if they make more power though. when it comes to mach v. cobra drag race, the deciding factors are usually the IRS and the gears (machs have 3.55). if those things were equal (meaning, if the 99/01 cobra had a solid axle and 3.55 gears), the cobra would have the edge since our internals are a tad bit better.

Myfast

ɯʎsloʍ
Established Member
The cams are a little different from what i remember. Dont know bout the intake being the same or not. And its a drivers race usually irs or not.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
the intake is SLIGHTLY different. I wann asay the cams are the same as 03/04 Cobras in the Mach. The Mach was advertised as less power. The heads are different, the Mach has 03/04 Cobra heads, while the 99/01 has teh older C heads.

01vert

Established Member
Naz has looked at the castings and the mach is a better piece. All the rest, cams, heads, solid rear, gears etc is all different. Mach is an evolved 01 (kinda)

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Intake cams:
- Mach, 184 deg @ .050
- Cobra, 196 deg @ .050

Intake Manifolds:
Externally they are the same, internally they are very different with the Mach intake flowing much more than the earleir castings.

Compression ratio:
The Mach as a .2 higher ratio due to their smaller combustion chambers--the Cobra and Mach use the same pistons.

Heads:
Machs (also Marauder, Avaitor, and 03/04 Cobra) have larger, more free flowing exhaust ports and some improvements in the intake ports also.

venamous01

Established Member
+1 to all of the above lol. mach1 also has different interior obviously lol. but you could throw that at him

Users who are viewing this thread