Please read, especially if you have Boyd Coddington Wheels

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
I should be receiving my Boyd Coddington Smoothies in the next week or so and my question to all of you that already have them is; how do you keep them clean, do you drive with them daily, and have you used any type of sealer on them?????

I thought of getting Zoop Seal, but they say it only lasts for about 18 months and anything acidic will take off the Zoop Seal finish. I drive my L daily and in the winter they are starting to use that Calcium Chloride spray liquid on the streets and highways. Why put on Zoop Seal when it will probably come off when they start using that crap. I know, I know - "dont drive the L in the winter, but right now I have no choice, I just bought a house and have no money for a beater................................"

So what do you guys use, if anything, and what are your suggestions for me to do to keep my Boyds in perfect shape. Thanks in advance for all comments and opinions!!!

I cant wait.............
467099_70.jpg

...............in the near future!

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I had a set of 18" ARE Torq Thrust II's on my 95 Z28. The best polish I've ever used on them was Collinite's Metal Wax. Goes on easy, comes off easy, and shines them up like chrome. Before I sold them, I was going to have them professionally polished and clearcoated so they would last. That's my suggestion.

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
use your stockers in the winter

That is also what I was goning to say.

We dont have harsh winters or road salt, etc. down here is the south.......but I probably will put my stock wheels back on when the weather gets crappy.

I plan on trying the Zoop Seal later this summer to see how it works.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
what is this zoop stuff where do i get it and do i need it with my boyds if my truck never sees salt or harsh winters?

IllestSVT

Established Member
This is why I didn't wan't a Boyd wheel or any other billet wheel. Too much work to keep them looking good. I opted for a machined silver wheel instead.

Very awesome wheels though if kept clean.

Users who are viewing this thread