Please help!!!

freiday13

Established Member
ok guys i just got a trubo setup on my car made 800 to the tire on 91 threw an auto then a head gasket pushed over so fixed that surfaced the head and the car is still blowing white smoke. did compression test and its fine no water in the oil at all no water in the intercooler drained it. only thing i can think it is is maybe the turbo leaking oil and going threw engine if anybody might have an idea or thought please let me kno all i want is to drive my car ive dumbed 15k into it already lol and the engine was built by horse power by herman its his old 03 cobra and motor was done by al papitto boss 330

B0B

Established Member
ok the first thing you need to do is calm down. its hard to understand when you don't use any punctuation. did you do a leak down test? that will tell you if there's something head gasket related. if not, your next step is going to be pressurizing the cooling system to see if you have a leak in your intercooler (i'm guessing you're using the cobra air/water intercooler still). this will tell you where your problem is coming from

freiday13

Established Member
we pressurized the cooling system (radiator) and it was fine. we drained the water inter-cooler so that cant be leaking. it is after market water to air. this is all confusing. there is no water in oil, no water in the intercooler and just replaced the head gasket and head studs idk just confusing

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
800rwhp through an auto on 91?? Wow. I don't know your set-up but that is REALLY pushing 91 octane unless you have Meth injection.

freiday13

Established Member
its custom built kit but a bb80mm turbonetics y2k and it was 24 pounds of boost and 22 degree of timing we didnt get a chance to use the water meth before the it started to leak water

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Oh, ok. So you've made the 800rwhp on 91? What fuel were you running on 24? Sounds like a beast!

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
22* timing with 24psi on 91 will kill the engine!
It could be that it fried some rings or burned a piston.

j-tan

Established Member
hows the tune? a/f ratio? white smoke is lean conditions I believe, but i could be wrong.

freiday13

Established Member
ya a/r was good right at 11.5. an ya timming we new we pushed it but we did compression test and they are all fine. but its white smoke even at idle its not oil burning u can tell it water it has to be but hope fully i will find out more tomorrow and ill let u guys know what i find

freiday13

Established Member
good news guys it was head gasket got it fixed and then like i said it was blowing white smoke thanks god just got the word it was my turbo a seal went out and was leaking oil in the exhaust thank god. i will post dyno vid and build when care is complete. thanks for all the info and help
\

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Well for sure something is going to break again, that is guaranteed . 24psi, 22* and 91 octane is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of! Goodluck, who is the tuner? I would want to stay far far away from the guy that would even think about doing something so stupid.

TRBO VNM

Well for sure something is going to break again, that is guaranteed . 24psi, 22* and 91 octane is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of! Goodluck, who is the tuner? I would want to stay far far away from the guy that would even think about doing something so stupid.

Don't you wish you could sell common sense Dave? :lol:

freiday13

Established Member
ya and it blew my rings i didnt kno he was doing that but least to say im done with him building a whole new motor now gunna buy the big stuff 3 to wanting to make 1100 to the tire with race gas and meth. sending my heads to mmr then building the tekisd block to

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
ya and it blew my rings i didnt kno he was doing that but least to say im done with him building a whole new motor now gunna buy the big stuff 3 to wanting to make 1100 to the tire with race gas and meth. sending my heads to mmr then building the tekisd block to

Wait what??? I thought you said it was the turbo? now the rings are fried? Im so confused, my head hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread