please help!

mystic46

Established Member
I have a terminator with an x pipe. Everything else is stock. It sat for two years untouched with a bad clutch. I live in an apartment where they don't allow you to work on vehicles so I had a local shop replace the clutch. When they test drove it afterwards the heater core let go. So I bypassed the heater core to get it home but on the way home it overheated on me. I figured the thermostat was bad from sitting so I replaced it. Started driving it and it overheated on me again. Now this is what I'm having trouble with: when it starts overheating, at an idle, the oil pressure drops to nothing. If I give it some gas, the pressure comes back up but then drops again. I noticed the radiator was not hot at all! I opened the cap, started it and the water is not flowing. As I said earlier, I replaced the thermostat. Oil looks great and is full. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

hotcobra03

Established Member
Yes..see stickys on burp procedure. .

these cars you cant run like older with radiator cap off..

ours nothing to see..

mystic46

Established Member
Thanx guys, ill try burping the system. Also while the motor was hot, the rad is cool. When I took the cap off the water was sitting still.

mystic46

Established Member
Thank you guys so much!! After getting the crossover plug out with some heat I found that it was bone dry! Put a gallon of coolant in, started her up and she took another gallon and a half while spitting air bubbles up for 15 min. Anyway, that did the trick and after 2 yrs this termi is back on the road so thank you guys so much for your help!!!

Blueline

Established Member
Thank you guys so much!! After getting the crossover plug out with some heat I found that it was bone dry! Put a gallon of coolant in, started her up and she took another gallon and a half while spitting air bubbles up for 15 min. Anyway, that did the trick and after 2 yrs this termi is back on the road so thank you guys so much for your help!!!

No prob that is why we are here! Enjoy!!

Snake Plissken

Established Member

OK, I'll be the first...

IT'S NOT A TERMI ! :D

Glad your back on the road!

Users who are viewing this thread