Please help! Nitrous kit!

MaxDangle

Established Member
I bought a nitrous kit from a fellow mustang club dude, and was wondering if you fine gentleman could possibly let me know if it looks to be in working order, and I have all the parts I need. Photos to come as soon as I can figure out how to post them. Supposed to be a NX Coyote H.O. Plate kit.
H8YG0n.jpg

27iuzv.jpg

legtTN.jpg

2uqIhp.jpg

GSEOgc.jpg

V8kqT3.jpg

Jigxem.jpg

LStk5S.jpg

5yS814.jpg

Jhb6uA.jpg

PckMry.jpg

4nMTS3.jpg

lcAIcZ.jpg

E6hldS.jpg

alktQq.jpg

ut8GtD.jpg

KV6V8q.jpg

Ux50WD.jpg

HebdQt.jpg

ixh9dB.jpg

Hxi1kN.jpg

zajLfg.jpg

bUZmsG.jpg

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
Common enough. I have the same kit. Tune is what matters. The kit has a bottle, a plate with two solenoids, a fuel line adapter, some AN fitted lines, a bit of wiring and a switch.

MaxDangle

Established Member
I figured out the pictures!

Why does the 75hp nitrous jet have a screen?
I think I may be missing the switch for the bottle warmer?
I may be missing the WOT switch?
What should I look for/test?
I am going to fill the bottle this weekend to see if everything is cool with that. I will contact Nitrous Express for some instructions after I get some inputs from people on this forum. I am planning on getting an e-mail N2O tune, and testing the kit with the 50hp jets before I get spark plugs. Will I blow some shit up if I test the 50 shot on stock plugs?
I do not have a window switch. As long as I don't have a rev limiter, and don't rev it to the moon, I should have a motor the next day?

5lho

Established Member
There is no WOT switch. You can't use those on electronic throttle cars. You need a TPS switch, which is the little black box with the wires coming out.

That little jet with the screen is non-standard to the kit. You don't want to go under 100 horse anyway, trust me.

It looks to me like you have everything and a couple extra like a gauge and the warmer.

Get a cap for the bottle valve when it's not connected. I've had three and all these Lightning 45 valves leak a bit...

Last edited:

MaxDangle

Established Member
Thanks man. I'm going to try and hook all this up this weekend. I'll run the 50 shot on the base tune with the rear O2 sensors and rev limiter turned off. I should be fine since the systems adds its own fuel right? Then I will collect a window switch, plugs, and a dedicated tune and run the 100 shot.

5lho

Established Member
DON'T run any kind of shot on a Coyote without a tune. You might get away with it on the stock tune but, it's just not worth the effort or risk.

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I would get rid of the plate with the solenoids on it. Wasn't there people having issues with the noids messing up. Then you have to send the whole plate to NX to be repair.

5lho

Established Member
The integrated plate is fine for shots up to 150. I melted a solenoid when the TPS got confused and forgot its programming. NX repaired it at no cost and sent me a new TPS, no problems since. Customer service from NX is first class. I got the plate back quickly and repaired properly.

MaxDangle

Established Member
Thanks again guys. I am going to post more pics of the install. I should have a tune by this weekend. I haven't wired anything yet. I tested the nitrous solenoid to see if it holds pressure by connecting the bottle to the solenoid and slowly releasing nitrous until the bottle was open (at 1000 PSI). Before I hook up the gas and nitrous, I will test the WOT and find out if the solenoids kick open. The bottle warmer is going to be a bit of a pain to get wired. Where did y'all get the ignition switched power from? Do I have to tap into a line from the fusebox?

rayh91

Established Member
Nice looking kit. You're going to love it. I recently just got a 100 dry shot on mine and it runs pretty well.

5lho

Established Member
I just plug my warmer into the rear cig lighter manually. There are not a lot of handy switched power circuits in the car that can handle this load. You might be better served running a relay setup off the battery.

It only takes about 15 minutes from cold to 950 psi so, I can do it as I near the track and be good to go.

I'm shooting for 150 next outing at the track and going for 10s on my stock car with a sticky tire. 11.4 on the 100 shot so, it's possible. I'll probably get my ass booted but, it's worth it to try :)

MaxDangle

Established Member
Just got the nitrous tune today. Wiring the rest this weekend probably. Before I give it a hit, am I missing anything? I have the tune, kit, bottle warmer, bottle gauge, and will disable the rev limiter. Should I need injectors for the 100 shot? Also, I have an exhaust leak. It seems trivial, but I have to ask if it would cause any problem i haven't thought of. I don't have cats, and the rear o2s are turned off, so no extra air being registered to the best of my knowledge.

rayh91

Established Member
Yeah I would recommend the same plugs but mine are gapped to .032. Other than that you'll be pretty safe with a 100 shot which is what I have currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5lho

Established Member
You don't need injectors because the kit is wet. over 150, you'll want a boost a pump. Definitely put cold plugs in, gapped around .032 and fix the exhaust leak. Depending on where it is, it could screw around with the ECM's O2 readings and change tune parameters.

Users who are viewing this thread