Please help advise if I'm being stupid.(bad tint job)

ScubaTermi

Established Member
I tint for a living at a dealer and that is not acceptable at all, a couple of spots is normal but not what you have. The spots on your 1/4 window on the bootom is the felt from the rubber gasket, you need to call the owner, but you did pay 350 you should have called around. Good luck.

Black2010

Established Member
update - Met with the owner today and after 2 mins of looking at the car he agreed it wasn't right and said they would redo all the windows. It's being redone next friday. I'll post another update on the resolution. I really hope they get it right the second time.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Yeah, thats crap. They need to prep better. I've had some of my old beaters tinted, didn't look like that. Just because the car is old doesn't mean its gonna have that,a nd if it did I'm sure the prep would be able to take care of it.

postalbunny

Established Member
Take it back, explain to him that you are not happy with this. If they believe it is correct, then leave. If not, ask him if he wants to fix it, if he does let him try... perhaps he had a bad worker or they rushed. I had to take a car back once for clear bra, where it was pealing; 100% better now.

If he argues, just leave. No point in wasting anymore time. Take it to another shop. Show it to them, and ask them if they can do it correctly. When they're done, make sure the receipt shows how much was for tint and how much was to remove the old tint. You'll be able to take him small claims court and sue for the original tint job $ back plus what it cost to remove the shitty tint (put you in the original position).

Don't forget to tell everyone about the experience, as tint is usually word of mouth.

Black2010

Established Member
Take it back, explain to him that you are not happy with this. If they believe it is correct, then leave. If not, ask him if he wants to fix it, if he does let him try... perhaps he had a bad worker or they rushed. I had to take a car back once for clear bra, where it was pealing; 100% better now.

If he argues, just leave. No point in wasting anymore time. Take it to another shop. Show it to them, and ask them if they can do it correctly. When they're done, make sure the receipt shows how much was for tint and how much was to remove the old tint. You'll be able to take him small claims court and sue for the original tint job $ back plus what it cost to remove the shitty tint (put you in the original position).

Don't forget to tell everyone about the experience, as tint is usually word of mouth.

That's the plan. When I met with the owner in person he recognized me from a show and from when I talked with him for a while they did my car the first time. Cooler heads prevailed. They are redoing it but he did say they would only try one more time but was confident they could do much better. If it's still not right this is exactally my plan.

P.S. - For those that asked. I paid via a credit card so I know that's an option. Fingers crossed it's done right this time.

Black2010

Established Member
Final update - They redid the whole car and it looks great now. the cut line on the top is clean and no more dirt in the tint. I found 2 tiny spots but that's pretty good as it was near the seal. The Shop manager was really nice this time to an appologized for what transpired when he and i last spoke. I'm very happy now :)

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Glad you were able to get it redone.

That first tint job was complete shit and whoever did it at that shop should be fired.

Black2010

Established Member
Glad you were able to get it redone.

That first tint job was complete shit and whoever did it at that shop should be fired.

Ironically enough the owner said he was as did the shop manager. I hate to see someone lose their job but if you have that little care in your work I guess you asked for it.

Users who are viewing this thread