Played around with a V8 T-brid last night!

max

Established Member
How's it going? Cooler weather coming up and I'll come out of hiding. :) I think the MuscleCar challenge is coming up at Ennis in a couple of weeks. After that, I'd like to come down to RCR.
What color is your car? I'd like to see it and if you get enough miles on it, I'd love to see it run.
I'll keep in touch here.
later,
Max

swardrn

Established Member
You turned a 13.9 and are out smoking 99 or 01 Cobras? My 97 turned 13.52@106. Of course now its a little faster. Oh well I tried a 03 Cobra at the track and he had two mods a pulley and good tires and he turned 11.89 to my 11.81 so if you are gonna play with an 03 you better have your shit together better than a 13.9.

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
I guess you didn't pick up the "sarcasm" in my post, I know I have nothing compared to a '03 with simple bolt on's......

So your saying just about stock your 300HP (same as my car) Cobra pulled a 13.52@106? Very Hard to belive... If you ran a 11.81 now that is awesome, just in a different league(my car is stock or very close!!) Don't tell me what I have and haven't beat, I think I am well respected on this board and am not just another "f'ng" troll!
thefinger_red.gif

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
I guess you didn't pick up the "sarcasm" in my post, I know I have nothing compared to a '03 with simple bolt on's......

So your saying just about stock your 300HP (same as my car) Cobra pulled a 13.52@106? Very Hard to belive... If you ran a 11.81 now that is awesome, just in a different league(my car is stock or very close!!) Don't tell me what I have and haven't beat, I think I am well respected on this board and am not just another "f'ng" troll!
thefinger_red.gif

That's true. Tony is well respected member. :beer:

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
After reading my post and then your reply I have to make another good point...:D

Actually Pre-99 Cobras Mod for Mod are no problem......and most of the time the 99, 01 Cobras are dead even or behind me....

nowhere in this post did I say I was out smoking Cobras, do you see that anywhere in my post?? NO I DIDN'T THINK SO! I don't know if you know how to read but it says "are dead even or behind"!

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
How much horses does the 97 z-28 have? Just curious cause I have no problem with those. All 97 and older stock camaros I raced pretty much took care of them......its just the newer ones that I have problems with. lol

swardrn

Established Member
Yes dude I can read and the way you said it mod for mod no problem it sounds like you are out killing all of them. BTW I had a 2000 SS which I could only turn a 13.4 in it at 107. I believe that your car had 285 hp stock am i right? And excuse the hell out of me for questioning a well respected member of this board, how dare I,a lowly newbie to this site, do something like that.

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
The 97 Z's were rated at 285Hp but the SS with just a different intake system was rated at 300Hp....Believe what you like but the common thought is that the Z also had 300Hp....I will be Dynoing at the F-Body meet in Bowling Geen so I will let you guys know for sure....

Swardrn, sorry for my outburst....I didn't mean it like I was out killing all of them....I have lost a few and won quite a few against pre 99's and won a couple and lost a couple against the 99, 01's around here....

swardrn

Established Member
Cool man, I have tried a few lt1s and they are torquey as hell out of the hole. Let us know how you turn out with the dyno, my first dyno with only k&n i turned 272 rwhp. Exhaust and 4.10s really woke my car up seriously.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Played around with a V8 T-brid last night!

Originally posted by CobraDOHC

Actually Pre-99 Cobras Mod for Mod are no problem......and most of the time the 99, 01 Cobras are dead even or behind me....

If you're ever in Orlando, come look up my '96 convertible downtown. Stock except for 3.73s and a cold air. It shouldn't be a problem for you either... if you don't mind a possible loss to a droptop. :)

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I can vouch for Tony (cobraDOHC). His car is pretty damn fast. We ran neck and neck all night at the track a few months back. I'm positive he has 270+ at the wheels.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Damn, that's like picking on Zach in his Grandpa Car, I mean Grand Marquis!
I swear its in every post...... LOL

Tony, nice lil kill, now go find a Cobra dn see what happens :p :rollseyes :p

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
v8 tbird

I know im gonna hear hell for this one from the modded guys but, your 97 Z28 only pulled on a tbird by that much?? A couple of my buddies had 94 tbirds with teh 215hp v8, mind the car was pretty heavy, heavier than a mustang convertible by a couple hundred pounds at least... and one could only beat my 91 buick lesabre 4 door with a 175hp 3.8L v6 engine by maybe 3 cars to 85-90mph, my 98 grand am gt could stay neck and neck next to my buddies white 94 v8, both had air filters and special wires, hehe, that was their big power adder and 3.73 gears with cobra R rims. Its kind of embarrasing for them to talk their talk to other people about their v8 and they were so slow. sheesh a 95 mustang gt convertible took us out one day in his car to about 70mph and had at least 3 cars on it. They wanted to think they ran 12s but more like maybe 16s? i dont know what they run stock, mags said high 15s low 16s, i remember a v6 toyota camry beating one, hehe, course my buddies had a couple minor mods to theirs so they were a tad faster

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
I think that 5 to 6 cars is pretty reasonable.......His car was quite quick though, didn't really get to ask him what he had done, but it definetly didn't sound stock.....

Users who are viewing this thread