Played around with a V8 T-brid last night!

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Well I was on my way home from work....I decieded to take the long way since it was still so nice out......Well I'm sitting behind this, I want to say '95 or so T-bird at the redlight....he is also behind another car......Well the light turns green and he takes off, and cuts off the car in the right lane that was next to him.....when there was finally enough room I slid in front of the car and took chase......we were both now in the right lane.....well a car started to turn onto a side street in front of the 'bird so we both slowed down....after the car turned it was wide open road, he took off, I dropped her in 2nd at about 45Mph and took off.....we took them all the way up to about 100 or so and we were neck and neck....meaning I had gained about 1 1/2 cars on him....(this distance I was following before the car turned)....He is smiling, and giving me the thumbs up when we catch a red light....I tell him his car was pretty quick and it surprised me that I had only caught up to him.....I ask him if he wants to run from a stop he says sure (His g/f seemed like she was going to kill him)...The light turns green, after a little wheelspin I take it up to about 110 or so and he is about 5 cars back.....I don't know if he lifted off the gas or not but a win is a win.......well im doing about 55-60 and he rolls up to me, and asks "one more time", I was like sure why not....from a 60Mph roll, I just smoked this car.,....it wasn't even funny, I took her up to about 120-125 and he was 6 or so cars back......I gave him a thumbs up while I was turning off on my street and I saw his G/f slapping him....It was quite fun...First race I have had in a while.....

Now if I could only find one of those damned '03 Cobras around here to smoke....:dw:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
Now if I could only find one of those damned '03 Cobras around here to smoke....:dw:

Uh huh yeah :lol:

Good kill though.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Damn, that's like picking on Zach in his Grandpa Car, I mean Grand Marquis!

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
Well I was on my way home from work....I decieded to take the long way since it was still so nice out......Well I'm sitting behind this, I want to say '95 or so T-bird at the redlight....he is also behind another car......Well the light turns green and he takes off, and cuts off the car in the right lane that was next to him.....when there was finally enough room I slid in front of the car and took chase......we were both now in the right lane.....well a car started to turn onto a side street in front of the 'bird so we both slowed down....after the car turned it was wide open road, he took off, I dropped her in 2nd at about 45Mph and took off.....we took them all the way up to about 100 or so and we were neck and neck...
.meaning I had gained about 1 1/2 cars on him....(this distance I was following before the car turned)....He is smiling, and giving me the thumbs up when we catch a red light....I tell him his car was pretty quick and it surprised me that I had only caught up to him.....I ask him if he wants to run from a stop he says sure (His g/f seemed like she was going to kill him)...The light turns green, after a little wheelspin I take it up to about 110 or so and he is about 5 cars back.....I don't know if he lifted off the gas or not but a win is a win.......well im doing about 55-60 and he rolls up to me, and asks "one more time", I was like sure why not....from a 60Mph roll, I just smoked this car.,....it wasn't even funny, I took her up to about 120-125 and he was 6 or so cars back......I gave him a thumbs up while I was turning off on my street and I saw his G/f slapping him....It was quite fun...First race I have had in a while.....

Dude , you better hope you dont find an o3 or any other decent runnin Cobra or you will be spanked like a red headed step-child!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :burn:

chrisilversvt

Established Member
[BC
]
Now if I could only find one of those damned '03 Cobras around here to smoke....:dw: [/B]

dude ,sounds like you got a pretty quick z there,but i don't think you want to mess with an 03 cobra just yet...maybe a few more mods and you'll be ready for one...:)

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Re: Re: Played around with a V8 T-brid last night!

Originally posted by BLACKSNAKE 94

Dude , you better hope you dont find an o3 or any other decent runnin Cobra or you will be spanked like a red headed step-child!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :burn:

Actually Pre-99 Cobras Mod for Mod are no problem......and most of the time the 99, 01 Cobras are dead even or behind me....

I figure the only way to beat the '03 is to actually use my own to smoke it....ahhh <dream cloud> Black/Black Leather '03 Cobra</dream cloud>

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Re: Re: Played around with a V8 T-brid last night!

Originally posted by SoCalBlk03

I'll be your Huckelberry :burnout: :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Doc Holiday voice* "you're not a daisy"!!:p

Nice kill Tony but watch out for the '03's...

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
I know....I don't mind losing, especially to a much faster car....It's when I mess up and lose to a slower car that pisses me off....I just want to see one around here...that would be nice.....I don't even need to race it....

max

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Played around with a V8 T-brid last night!

Actually Pre-99 Cobras Mod for Mod are no problem......and most of the time the 99, 01 Cobras are dead even or behind me....

Okay, then let me be your first Huckleberry in preparation for a tune up against the '03. :)

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Max, are those the only mods u have done to your car??? If so those are some awesome times.....I don't think I can compete with that..;-)....

Terry, you have some badass times also.....Were u running DR's? If not your 60' times are unreal.....

tms217

Established Member
Yeah, I was supprised about them also. The funny thing is when I went to the track that day It was just right after I put the 4.10's in and my first run was a 13.5 @105 with a 2.2 60ft. I was pissed. After that they got progressivley better a 13.2 with 2.1 @ 107 then a 13.0 with a 2.0 @ 108 and then a 12.9 with the 1.9 @109. I was like :eek: Anyway, They were on stock BFG's and the funny thing is it was in the hot part of the day(about 3:30) at Capitol dragway. I would have called it a fluke but with the other times, I had to say it was real. Damn I wish I had it on tape. I might borrow a set of DR's from a friend to see what will happen.

PS. I have yet to see those 60ft again..... mostly 2.2+ I must have been on that day.

Terry

Last edited:

max

Established Member
Max, are those the only mods u have done to your car?

Yep, but normally I run 13.0x's. I've done a tune up and all so I'm ready for some cool weather coming up. Usually, October gives us Texans the better chance of getting some lower et's.

Users who are viewing this thread