Plastidipped my daily driver..

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
So when the cobra is sleeping in the garage and I'm not breaking it or putting the miles on it.. I drive a little $700 1994 Mazda Miata. I freaking love these cars. They are little go-karts.. so fun to drive, and very durable. Not to mention they're cheap and get great gas mileage.. (and not bad for autocross either).

Well since this one was only $700 it needed paint pretty badly.. it had been sanded all over the body and had some dings here and there, so my boyfriend being obsessed with plastidip gave me the idea of dipping the car as a cheap paintjob. So thanks to dipyourcar.com and about two days worth of painting, my little daily is now Koi Orange.

Here's some pics!

Before:
The car started out black, and you can see in these pictures the areas where the paint wasn't so good. You can also see the cobra hiding in the garage. :coolman:

ua3r.jpg

4xfm.jpg

u5dg.jpg

7mvr.jpg

(my plate frame says, My other car is a SVT Mustang Cobra :rockon:)

So then we did a white baselayer of dip so the orange would really pop..

jy9o.jpg

Then lastly.. the finished product! Koi Orange!
Even dipped the wheels and did a little hand customizing hubcaps of the "Evil Mazda M". The dip on the tires and exhaust tip will come off while driving.

78na.jpg

sr36.jpg

3nst.jpg

Before and After:
Took 6 cans white dip as a baselayer, then 2 gallons and 5 coats of Koi Orange.

2m1i.jpg

Huge improvement from what it was. Thanks for looking guys! :beer:

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
The 6 cans of white were about $60ish from Walmart.. The two gallons of orange was about $130, and the spray gun was a cheap one from harbor freight tools, cost about $15. But for the size and the car it got the job done.

MTBSully

Established Member
considering your previous rides, your current ride, and now your DD, I assume you like orange?

Looks much better great work.

SIC9250

Coyote_Mach
Established Member
This trend is so hideous,about as bad as the original flat black rattle can primer mod lol,nothing like a driveway cheapy!

RSbeast

Established Member
I <3 you

But on a less creepy note; where the hell can I get a semi clean Miata for $700?!

I thought I stole my last one for $2400

Users who are viewing this thread