Plasti dipped the rear trunk panel on my SB

BLTM

Established Member
30366495.jpg

Thought it looked pretty good. Peels right off, its a cheap and easy appearance mod. Cost me $6.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
With the right color combos i think having the trunk panel black looks alright, it fits your theme with the black rims, maybe black out the "cobra" on the rear bumper.

rthouck

Established Member
I think you should remove the "Ford" emblem and put the SVT one back on, but not subdued.

BLTM

Established Member
I think you should remove the "Ford" emblem and put the SVT one back on, but not subdued.

I'm trying to figure out what emblems I want in there, or if any at all. The svt one is in my center console.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I painted my rear bumper insert as well as my snake logos and svt logo on the back. That combined with my black DD gt4's and tinted windows makes for the perfect look IMO for my color combo. I'll post a pic tomorrow

rthouck

Established Member
I've seen this stuff peel right off wheels. Have you washed it yet? Any adhesion issues?

08mojo

Established Member
I know, to each their own, blah blah blah...But, I have never understood this look. I think it looks horrible, and to do it on a Sonic Blue is even worse. You might as well peel it off now before it starts peeling off itself. I tried the Plasti-Dip on interior panels, it will start to peel off.

I will give credit where it is due: you did a great job painting

gamebred26

Established Member
yea i dont think it will last...let us know after you wash a few times. i had black vinly there and it started to lift ripped it off.

BLTM

Established Member
From what I hear it's very durable. A guy I know did his wheels, probably last spring they are still in tact.

Users who are viewing this thread