Plasti Dipped my wheels yesterday!

SicShelby09

Banned
So the plasti dip hasnt came off at the drag strip? I have black track pack wheels and silver drag wheels and want them to match the fronts at the drags. I will try it if you did:beer:

This is exactly why I did mine. I havent tried them yet though. Just did it a few days ago. Im going in the next couple weeks for the first time this year, so I guess we will see if the coating holds up. I too will have mine powder coated if this doesnt hold up half decent at the track. I just wanted them to be black like my wheels. I had my brembo wheels powder coated semigloss black, and they look awesome. The plasitdip matches perfect, and it was cheap and easy. I only used 1 can on mine. Two coats.

Junkyard

Established Member
I plasti dipped mine also. I was going to post some pics but I can't figure out how to post pictures in this forum. It always asks me for a URL when I try to insert an image. I'm not too smart apparently.

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
thanks for all the comments! i knew to begin with that with anything you do to your car some people will like it and some people wont. Its just something different for now. but so far i like so it will stay for a while.

Griever423

Established Member
I like the flat black look. Was it seriously not hard to do? I have no experience whatsoever with anything like this and I really am wanting my stockers to be black. Any tips?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
me neither, i think the silver looks way better imo. The black makes it look like someone stole your wheels and you threw on a set of spray painted junk yard spares. But that's me and i'm old, we used to think cragar ss/t's were cool.

+1000

atistang

Established Member
Did you take the ford oval off to paint, or did you just cut around it after it dried?

If you took the ovals off, how were they held on?

Erich

Established Member
The plastidip can fill in some of the curb rash if they get bad...
Erich

White608

Go faster
Established Member
I think the stock wheels are ugly as sin, not as bad with plastidip though.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: yup

I'm a fan of gloss black wheels.

paint the caliper bracket black and leave the caliper red if your going to stay with that.. It would make it look more like it came that way IMO ....

Last edited:

TheYeti

Established Member
looks good. I plan on doing this sometime hopefully in the near future. I just used plasti dip to black out the 5.0 emblems..

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Looks way better with the stock gunmetal mettalic finish imo. Diffrent strokes for Diffrent folks but to me you ruined your wheels.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
My buddy (qwik01cobra) just did his wheels on his dd

4b39cc27-3519-4a49.jpg

4b39cc27-3527-08af.jpg

4b39cc27-3531-a17b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread