Plasti-Dip. DSG- Matte White!

CamdZ06

Established Member
First and foremost, for the negative comments. This is just a "plasti-dip" i recently did. The wrap can be removed whenever i want it to and actually protects the original paint.

Have some friends in Chicago that did their GTRs' and Porsches' different colors so i decided to do mine Matte White. Turned out pretty good imo.

What do you guys' think?

67589_10151827772938508_41731739_n.jpg

1365567314455.jpg

1365567319446.jpg

1365567329873.jpg

1366082019226.jpg

1366082088828.jpg

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Plasti-Dip is getting overplayed, in my opinion.

Also, if you leave that on there for let's say 2 years...what will the paint look like?

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Good luck washing that... gonna be a nightmare. matte porous finish in white, no thanks haha.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I like the look, but as others have said, cleaning it will be a bear! Even shiny white cars are a bear to clean with road spatter that sticks along the lower areas, so I can only imagine how tough it would be with a matte finish! With that criticism aside though, they did a fantastic job on the application. Did they do the jabs as well, or are they still dsg?

keith89

Established Member
...plasti dip is easy to clean and no need to dry. If sprayed correctly, it will not be porous. It is a fairly smooth rubberized coating. I'm doing my bike right now and will be doing my Cobra matte black. I moved to an apartment no garage and have to leave my vehicles in the driveway, so they're exposed to the elements. My cobra had never been stored outside before. This is a nightmare since it's black. I figure the plasti dip will be much easier to clean and will protect the factory paint.

13Cobra, I'm assuming you've heard the rumors of ruined clear coats etc. I have seen this several times in person. In every case, the owner plasti dipped their car when it was brand new or right after a fresh paint job. Therefore, the paint and clear never cured properly. When they peeled off the dip, it took some(or in one case all with paint) of the clearcoat with it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
...plasti dip is easy to clean and no need to dry. If sprayed correctly, it will not be porous. It is a fairly smooth rubberized coating. I'm doing my bike right now and will be doing my Cobra matte black. I moved to an apartment no garage and have to leave my vehicles in the driveway, so they're exposed to the elements. My cobra had never been stored outside before. This is a nightmare since it's black. I figure the plasti dip will be much easier to clean and will protect the factory paint.

13Cobra, I'm assuming you've heard the rumors of ruined clear coats etc. I have seen this several times in person. In every case, the owner plasti dipped their car when it was brand new or right after a fresh paint job. Therefore, the paint and clear never cured properly. When they peeled off the dip, it took some(or in one case all with paint) of the clearcoat with it.

If I understood the OP correctly he actually had it wrapped in vinyl, not sprayed. He just used the term "plastidipped", but I think he just used it interchangeably rather than literally. Hopefully he will clarify...

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Oh its a wrap!!! I get it. I have seen some BMW at the local cars and coffee that do that. I think it looks pretty wicked.

keith89

Established Member
If I understood the OP correctly he actually had it wrapped in vinyl, not sprayed. He just used the term "plastidipped", but I think he just used it interchangeably rather than literally. Hopefully he will clarify...

Yeah reading comprehension failed me lol. Yes, in that case, the matte white wrap will probably be hard to clean.

CamdZ06

Established Member
Its plasti-dip, sprayed on there. Sorry i used thr word wrapped because its typically how people say it when they get their car done!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Yeah reading comprehension failed me lol. Yes, in that case, the matte white wrap will probably be hard to clean.

:lol:Ha, I guess you were right after all! OP had some misleading terms in his post, saying "wrap", but I guess they did in fact spray it.

Users who are viewing this thread