Plans for Spring

TFStang

Established Member
Not that it matters in areas with warmer climates, but in the Northeast we got more snow in the last month than we did all year. It snowed again a couple days ago!!!! Can’t wait for the warmer weather and clean (no salt) streets. Having withdrawals.

What does everyone have planned as their first car event for Spring?

jk57

Established Member
I live in upstate New York I’m sure will be getting some more snow right into May but we’re going to the Americanmuscle show in June

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TFStang

Established Member
Unbelievable with the snow this year. I once went to look at a Grand National in upstate NY. It was a one owner car with 5K miles and one of the last ones to roll off the line as it was built in December 1987, which is the month production stopped. I got there and the car was a fully documented, one owner, one of the last built rust bucket with 5K original miles. Couldn’t believe it. Needless to say I didn’t buy the car, but I had never seen such a low mile rust bucket before that car in upstate NY. Guess winters are harsh up there.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Unbelievable with the snow this year. I once went to look at a Grand National in upstate NY. It was a one owner car with 5K miles and one of the last ones to roll off the line as it was built in December 1987, which is the month production stopped. I got there and the car was a fully documented, one owner, one of the last built rust bucket with 5K original miles. Couldn’t believe it. Needless to say I didn’t buy the car, but I had never seen such a low mile rust bucket before that car in upstate NY. Guess winters are harsh up there.

That’s too bad. I am assuming some of the 5k miles were on salted roads.

jk57

Established Member
Possibly the metal or prep was bad right from the factory but yea the state dot pours the salt right to the roads big time here also the salt left on the roads create like a salt dust when your driving on the road ...crazy

JeremyBoc

Established Member
My seasons are a little different in FL. I drove mine to work one day last week. It has been 40-75 degrees the last couple months. I also just got home from a cruise earlier today. I'm assuming it will get too hot (90s with high humidity) in the middle of the Summer with no A/C.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well I feel your pain, and as you know am in your backyard. Its been so cold I have not even thought about it (was in the 30's all day today). What do you have planned for your 1st event?

What does everyone have planned as their first car event for Spring?

TFStang

Established Member
Well I feel your pain, and as you know am in your backyard. Its been so cold I have not even thought about it (was in the 30's all day today). What do you have planned for your 1st event?

I don’t have anything actually planned yet as the weather has been so unpleasant and unpredictable, but all the Cars & Coffee events typically start in May. Larz Andersen in Brookline and the Newport Cars & Coffee events at the mansions. Hoping to get out to those. Kimball’s in Lancaster also has a great turnout. Possibly Gillette Stadium once that gets going. You have anything planned?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Possibly the metal or prep was bad right from the factory but yea the state dot pours the salt right to the roads big time here also the salt left on the roads create like a salt dust when your driving on the road ...crazy
Your state doesn't use that horrible liquid snow melt on the roads? That stuff is worse than salt on your undercarriage. It's used throughout CT now and I would imagine other states use it as well.

1993R

Established Member
i'm in the process of moving back to Florida. I have been working back down here the last 18 months . I'm trying to decide on towing the R or driving it down here lol.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
i'm in the process of moving back to Florida. I have been working back down here the last 18 months . I'm trying to decide on towing the R or driving it down here lol.

I’d tow it for mileage and rock chip reasons.

Established Member
Started the process last fall to make my 95 R more street friendly. Took off the hawk blues and went to a more street friendly pad, Nitto R1 rubber went for some Nt 05s. Hope to drive it at least 1000 miles this year, including to Gingerman, The Autobahn, and RA. Figure if I need a tow at the end of a hard track day, I'll figure it out. Full harness on the street is a bit of a PITA though.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I had planned to go to a big show in Austin this past weekend but it was cold as ****. just crazy cold for Texas this weekend

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Carlisle again this year, Try to hit all (or most) of the larz, and Chambers C&C (in reality wind up making maybe half). The C&C are the best for me, as they leave you the rest of the day to do other stuff. Ive given up on the Foxboro, the traffic for me to get there, makes it easy to pass. Used to go, never went once last year. Kimballs is too far for a night "cruise in" for us. May try for the MCA national thing up in NH toward the end of the summer. Beats me.

You have anything planned?

Users who are viewing this thread