Planning for Ported Blower: Need Advice

1BadKB03

Established Member
I have the following mods:

BBK LT's, O/R X, Magnaflow CB, K&N FIPK, 2.8 Pulley, 100mm Idler, and a superchip.

I'm planning to get my blower ported (Steg'd ;-) ) before summer and I wanted some advice on supporting mods. I'm all ready planning to buy an alum. coolant res. and a heat exchanger but I didn't know what other mods would be helpful. I'm wanting to get all these parts installed at once. Thanks for the help guys.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
You'll need a MAF, I am using the MAF.ia. It's a plug & play with the stock MAF that allows the stock MAF to read higher voltages. It's $150. I got mine from Lethal Performance. You'll also want to add a BAP (Boost-A-Pump), I got mine from Lethal Performance as well ($250). You could look into getting 60# injectors but they usually aren't needed until 530+ RWHP. It would be a good mod to do though.

Also, you may want to consider selling your 2.8 and getting a 2.93 and a 4lb lower setup, as that seems to be the combo that is making the best power with Stiegemeier's Stage IV. The 2.8 and the port should get you ~500/470 RWHP though. With a 2.93 and 4lb, you may see ~525/510.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
You'll need a MAF, I am using the MAF.ia. It's a plug & play with the stock MAF that allows the stock MAF to read higher voltages. It's $150. I got mine from Lethal Performance. You'll also want to add a BAP (Boost-A-Pump), I got mine from Lethal Performance as well ($250). You could look into getting 60# injectors but they usually aren't needed until 530+ RWHP. It would be a good mod to do though.

Also, you may want to consider selling your 2.8 and getting a 2.93 and a 4lb lower setup, as that seems to be the combo that is making the best power with Stiegemeier's Stage IV. The 2.8 and the port should get you ~500/470 RWHP though. With a 2.93 and 4lb, you may see ~525/510.

Thanks a lot for the advice, so building a list. (I'm helping Tiebreaker assemble his parts list)

1. Maf.ia - 150.00 - lethal performance
2. Boost-A-Pump - 250.00 - lethal performance

Should I look to billetflow for my pulleys or is there somewhere else you would recommend?

- Aj -

Established Member
Steeda30 said:

+1

That is the path I'm on...

1BadKB03

Established Member
thanks alot for the input i already have a maf so no need for the mafia. and i like the numbers of the 2.93 and 4lb lower so taht looks like the route for me

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I've seen somewhere that the MAFia comes in 2 styles, a 1 Foot Cable version and a 3 Foot Cable version.

I assume that the 1 Foot Cable version would be the normal one that most people would use. Why would you need a 3 Foot Cable? Moving the MAF into the Fender or something with a special Cold Air Intake?

Brad

Banned
Something for the maf might be safe, I'm on a ported blower, inlet, ported plenum, accufab, 2.80 with a 2 or 4lb lower once in a while, I'm 100% stock and have never pinged the maf or gone lean short of nitrous.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Only problem I see is finding a new place to purchase the BAP. Lethal Performance is not a dealer anymore. And you don't absolutely have to have the intercooler tank, might wanna purchase the parts mentioned here first.

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
BradN01 said:
Only problem I see is finding a new place to purchase the BAP. Lethal Performance is not a dealer anymore. And you don't absolutely have to have the intercooler tank, might wanna purchase the parts mentioned here first.

James @ Runnin' With The Devil (RWTD) has them...I bought mine from him not too long ago.
Give him a ring (251)479-9451
Make sure you get a 40amp Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump!

2.93/4# is definately a good way to go...i love it.
Rick @ amazon is a great tuner and is excellent with customer's service...he will go the extra mile to troubleshoot or work things out to make it more convenient on your part.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
Steeda30 said:

I agree w/everything but since he already has a 2.8 upper stick with that and get a 2lb lower. I myself have a 2.76 upper and when I install my ported blower will be adding a 2lb lower.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Yes get billetflow pullies, supercharger as well as 4 idler kit. Doug also is a good source for Metco. Customer service is great.

SVTBoxer

Established Member
I just caught my blower back and have a 2.8 upper and was going to run a 4 lb lower. Just wondered what you guys thought about doing that???

Users who are viewing this thread