Place Your Demon vs GT500 Bets Here!!!! Who Needs Torque?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Motortrend went 164 with an 03 cobra, then people pulled the limiter off and went 178.

Gt500 has similar cofd and 600whp, people hit 200 in private hands within 3 months of owning them. Lots of people cried fowl because the cars had a filter or a tune, but 20whp ain’t making up 4 mph top speed at 200mph.

I could see taking a car doing 150mph top speed to 154 by adding 20whp. At 200mph wit .38 you need 75whp to gain 2.5mph. It’s about 30/1 at .38 at 200mph iirc. The 20whp isn’t even worth .75mph top speed iirc.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice

Any of those runs validated on certified equipment?

What you saw is what you get. It’s as valid as dodges vid of the 9.65@140 that everyone takes for definite since no manufacturer ever has satiated the market with number game stuff

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

More unverified stuff to stir the pot and get the shit flying.

#drivermod>auto (if you like driving that is)

I personally can shift that fast and have a nickname since high school of dsg because I could rap a manual out and beat dsg cars with similar and more hp. (Vw/Audi stuff, manual vs dsg stuff 05/6/7/8 etc.

In college I remember beating vipers and vette owners with shitbox stuff as the driver mod. 350-400whp vs 500+ but they couldn’t lock up their shifting.

I ran a 911 991 turbo from a dig in my manual 270whp ecosedan a few weeks ago and got going 75 before he flew by. Front wheel drive and all but I didn’t sleep the light, and he did. He revved and cocky faced me is the funny part. He got his easy kill but I out drove him badly. If I was in a 911 991, I think I could come close to matching the pdk 0-60 with an hour or so of seat time/practice.

I got a c5 z06 to 0-60 4.2 seconds on an iPhone app thing that was supposedly accurate. My buddy was in the 4.8 range. It had a setting for roll out but I don’t remember the app name. This was 2010/11 iirc.

Bottom line is driver mod put a trinity well in the mid/lower 11’s with 200mph top speed on an open stretch. motortrend went 11.65@125 and 198mph on an oval. Believe what makes you feel comfortable, it’s a big bold world out there so feelings are bound to be squashed often. Good luck!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
What you saw is what you get. It’s as valid as dodges vid of the 9.65@140 that everyone takes for definite since no manufacturer ever has satiated the market with number game stuff

Agreed

Similar story for both cars. It will take many runs under optimal conditions to achieve what the OEM's claim.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Agreed

Similar story for both cars. It will take many runs under optimal conditions to achieve what the OEM's claim.

Exactly.

A car can run a low 10 in a mineshaft, or a high 11 at 18mph slower just off driver mod and conditions.

I’ve seen gt500’s run 13’s@108 and others run 11.2@128. Driver and conditions is everything

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly.

A car can run a low 10 in a mineshaft, or a high 11 at 18mph slower just off driver mod and conditions.

I’ve seen gt500’s run 13’s@108 and others run 11.2@128. Driver and conditions is everything

100% accurate.

Except this only applies to Ford.

When other manufacturer’s vehicles run less than stellar times (not the advertised), it becomes obvious that the companies were lying or misrepresenting said products.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
100% accurate.

Except this only applies to Ford.

When other manufacturer’s vehicles run less than stellar times (not the advertised), it becomes obvious that the companies were lying or misrepresenting said products.

Ford does it smart and sets a 95% number. Other manufactures go for kill and get a halo number but it’s not repeatable.

I’m sure in testing Ford got a few 11.5’s out of a trinity but went with a number that was duplicable.

Even j Smith was on hand for testing on trinities and this gt500.

Ford advertises a number that can be hit and beaten in halo conditions by great to excellent drivers. Dodge went full retard. You never go full retard.

(I love the hellcats, more 03 cobra successor to me than what ford has offered so I’m not bashing those cars)

LostM

Established Member
I dodnt get my allocation, dealer screwed me, so bets off from me vs anyone.. but i still bet stock vs stock, gt500 pulls away from a demon

Snoopy49

Established Member
I didn't get my allocation, dealer screwed me, so bets off from me vs anyone..

Don't give up, the order bank just opened yesterday, so there should be plenty of dealers with allocations, you should be able to find one that will get the job done.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford does it smart and sets a 95% number. Other manufactures go for kill and get a halo number but it’s not repeatable.

I’m sure in testing Ford got a few 11.5’s out of a trinity but went with a number that was duplicable.

Even j Smith was on hand for testing on trinities and this gt500.

Ford advertises a number that can be hit and beaten in halo conditions by great to excellent drivers. Dodge went full retard. You never go full retard.

(I love the hellcats, more 03 cobra successor to me than what ford has offered so I’m not bashing those cars)
Ford has also been slapped very hard a few times about false horse power claims.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I dodnt get my allocation, dealer screwed me, so bets off from me vs anyone.. but i still bet stock vs stock, gt500 pulls away from a demon
Did they sell it to a higher bidder?

I’d call every dealer in the north Minnesota and west. One of them is bound to have an allocation not sold.

LostM

Established Member
Nahh. Was trying to troll kaneda and cman.

I got my shit locked up

Buyin wheels tires injectors now ;)

20190702_104109.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread