Pirates 5

Voltwings

Established Member
i remember watching the previews before Rogue One and it was the new Transformers, the new F&F, and the new Pirates, and all i could think was that these were all franchises that just needed to be done.

In my mind they've all suffered from the same problem, they just go way too elaborate. They all started off with a good story and / or premise, and then have just evolved into weak plots and special effects. The first pirates movie was the best because it was just a good, pure, story. Its kind of been downhill from there... I dont even remember the 4th, but i remember being entirely unimpressed. Not sure if i'll bother with this in theaters.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
The first one was good but I wouldn't give anything since above a 5 out of 10. I don't think I even watched the last one and if I do watch this one it will be because of JB only. FF and pirates are suffering from the same sickness. Instead of coming up with a better story they try to out do the silly stunts and special effects. Jumping cars between buildings? Fighting on a rolling ferris wheel? I guess I'm too old for that type of silly shit. No way I'm paying for it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
i remember watching the previews before Rogue One and it was the new Transformers, the new F&F, and the new Pirates, and all i could think was that these were all franchises that just needed to be done.

In my mind they've all suffered from the same problem, they just go way too elaborate. They all started off with a good story and / or premise, and then have just evolved into weak plots and special effects. The first pirates movie was the best because it was just a good, pure, story. Its kind of been downhill from there... I dont even remember the 4th, but i remember being entirely unimpressed. Not sure if i'll bother with this in theaters.

It's essentially the opposite of Rouge One, which started with a really good story and built the visual around it. BvS started with three fight scenes and then had to figure out how to cram them into a movie.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The first one was good but I wouldn't give anything since above a 5 out of 10. I don't think I even watched the last one and if I do watch this one it will be because of JB only. FF and pirates are suffering from the same sickness. Instead of coming up with a better story they try to out do the silly stunts and special effects. Jumping cars between buildings? Fighting on a rolling ferris wheel? I guess I'm too old for that type of silly shit. No way I'm paying for it.
Agreed, I saw the latest Fast and the Furious 8 movie for free and even then I felt meh about it. Its nothing at all like what it started about, it literally became nothing but about Vin. Paul Walker was really missed.

Recon

Established Member
New trailer. Saw this yesterday figured I'd post it on this thread.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread