pinnacle wax brand..good on black?

svtcobra101

Established Member
jus need sum input.. took the car to a local detailer,car came back with swirls and haze marks all over(this is what i get for being lazy and not washing it myself)..it happens..but we can say i learned the hard way..so i used swirl remover jax wax(which has always been good on the blk).. didnt do ah dam thing to help..so ive been reading and iam going to have to break down, buy a pc and thro a nice lil detail kit together from autogeek..so heres what id like to get..

xmt swirl remover 3
xmt swirl remover 1
xmt finishing glaze
last liquid souveran wax

of course i will get all the correct pads,,jus wanted to kno if this stuff would b good on my blk cobra and take away those swirls..thxs!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Liquid Souveran is good stuff, used it alot. I used Klasse AOL on my black 330ci though and it really impressed me. But on black, if you get the swirls out stay away from anything with cleaners, a pure carnuaba is best. I use Dodo juice Supernatural on my mystic exclusively. You might want to try a 30ml sample tub of what they recommend for black. It's enough to do your car 3-4 times. Dodo Juice USA

Souveran is a wax though and won't do much for the swirls. Waxes with fillers only hide them, but they will be back. Proper paint prep is the key to getting the swirls.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ What he said.

The XMT's are ok and are an easy starting point.

The Wolfgang Swirl Remover is a little more effective.

Or...you could just get Meg's M105/205 a few orange pads, a few white, 1- blue and be done with it.

With the PC-XP use the 5.5" pads and proper backing plate.

I'd skip the XMT glaze. IF you really want a glaze, go with Clearkote Red Machine Glaze (best applied via slow speed 2-3 on blue pad).

Keep in mind a glaze will reduce the durability of what you put on top and should only be used with traditional carnauba waxes; never under a sealant.

Liquid Souveran (or paste) is great stuff. I actually like the 'look' of the liquid a little better plus it's easier to use.

Dodo Supernatural is on my list of things to try.

Some here may want to shoot me for saying this; but...once you've polished the car and have it looking good, I'll be darned if I wouldn't take a look at the Meg's NXT 2.0 paste. I used it the other day, it's holding up well and has hellacious filling capability, plus it darkens the paint like a glaze. For black, I wouldn't overlook it. Especially if you don't want to be banging your head against the wall every day when you start seeing hairline swirlage.

Last edited:

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
If you're going to use the souveran liquid or the paste be sure to get the liquid spray wax to touch up after every wash, that way it always looks good, souveran has a tendency to wash away with a strong shampoo

svtcobra101

Established Member
thanks guys for all the input..my order should b in tomorrow..ill give it a shot..worse comes ill buy sum wolfgang or zaino products..these swirl marks are driving me crazy!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
everything mblgjr said. Him and Mixxer are pretty much my go-to guys for detailing questions. When they talkdetailing, you listen.

Im going to get a bottle of M105 or 95 or XMT #4 pretty soon here. Really getting tired of my results with Optimum CompoundII with the rotary and it taking just slightly less time to get just slightly more results in swirl and defect eradication.

Zaino products on black are superb!

www.zainobros.com

Zaino makes a nice durable sealant. Thats about it. Other than that, anything you do by hand is merely covering swirls/defects temporarily. If thats good enough for you then go for it, but for most of us, simply covering the issues isnt enough.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
everything mblgjr said. Him and Mixxer are pretty much my go-to guys for detailing questions. When they talkdetailing, you listen.

Im going to get a bottle of M105 or 95 or XMT #4 pretty soon here. Really getting tired of my results with Optimum CompoundII with the rotary and it taking just slightly less time to get just slightly more results in swirl and defect eradication.

Zaino products on black are superb!

www.zainobros.com

Zaino makes a nice durable sealant. Thats about it. Other than that, anything you do by hand is merely covering swirls/defects temporarily. If thats good enough for you then go for it, but for most of us, simply covering the issues isnt enough.

thanks guys for all the input..my order should b in tomorrow..ill give it a shot..worse comes ill buy sum wolfgang or zaino products..these swirl marks are driving me crazy!

you will be applying these via machine like mblgjr said correct? any real swirl remover is pretty much worthless without at least a PC7424.

futureSVT

Established Member
I just did this on my cobra. i used xmt #2 with orange pad then followed with #1 and a white pad. then with the liquid souveran wax. i am really happy with the shine and it removed all the swirls but there are some scratches i wish it would of taken out.

svtcobra101

Established Member
ok guys..my order from AUTOGEEk came in today..! washed the car..clayed it..and started off with xmt#3(orange pad) with the pc..and WOW..(i did start on the trunk first to get a feel for the pc..) took sum before/after pics..i did take pics with flash on and was amazed at how much swirls the paint really had..moved onto xmt1 fine swirl remover..by this time 90% of my swirls are gone..im still not done...need the liquid wax.. i dnt kno how to upload pics but if u guys wanna see the results pm me or email @[email protected] and ill hook u up with pics.. again thanks for all the advice..i shoulda bought a pc a long time ago!:-D

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Glad the XMT's worked well in your situation.

Get some full-sun before/after shots!

To post pictures here on the forum; go register for a free Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket account.

You will then put the appropriate links into your post here, use the ones with tags on the ends.

The XMT's are like a 'nicer' version of Poorboy's SSR line (not related company wise; just the way they act/cut is very similar).

XMT 3 is really similar to SSR 2.5, but is easier to use/less dusting.

Thomas: Thanks for the kind words. I left Optimum once I got the hang of a rotary and haven't looked back. Opt. is easy to use, but Meg's 105 blows OCII in the weeds. Try it. Purple foamed wool for the rough stuff and a white pad will take care of the rest. Follow with finishing polish of choice (I still like a blue CCS/Menz. PO85RD for super jobs when time allows).

As soon as it warms up I'm going to be polishing the '09 VistaBlue for the first time, so I'll be using the 105/PO85 setup on it. With it sleeting today and highs in the 35 range the past couple weeks I haven't been outside much; ha.

I also agree about Zaino. ZCS (ClearSeal) is about the only thing I really use because it seems to last a touch longer than Opt. OptiSeal and it doesn't have the darkening effect.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you're going to use the souveran liquid or the paste be sure to get the liquid spray wax to touch up after every wash, that way it always looks good, souveran has a tendency to wash away with a strong shampoo

Agreed about the soap comment.

Pinnacle Souveran is pretty weak after a couple washings.

Poorboy's SuperSlick n Wax or Suds; Meg's NXT; Meg's Gold Class; and Pinnacle's own wash soap all work well when used as-directed.

Reapplying Souveran or using a Pinn. Crystal Mist wipedown after every wash is about the only way to keep it alive. Souveran is good for about 1-month on a garaged 'weekend toy' car that gets driven/washed a couple times per month.

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Agreed about the soap comment.

Pinnacle Souveran is pretty weak after a couple washings.

Poorboy's SuperSlick n Wax or Suds; Meg's NXT; Meg's Gold Class; and Pinnacle's own wash soap all work well when used as-directed.

Reapplying Souveran or using a Pinn. Crystal Mist wipedown after every wash is about the only way to keep it alive. Souveran is good for about 1-month on a garaged 'weekend toy' car that gets driven/washed a couple times per month.
Yeah the fact that it last very short is a reason why i went to the swissvax line...

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
swissvax..where can i purchase that product? ill try that right before the nxt car show!
lol, dont let your jaw hit the floor too hard...i used concorso its imo the best one w/o stepping over the $1000 mark

and mblgjr is correct, if you havent machine polished the car to perfection your better off spending $250 on a pc and polishes

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Can't do much better than Supernatural after a good prep job if you are getting ready for a show. I may not be as good a detailer as some others on here but that much I can say from experience and the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread