Pinnacle vs Poor Boy's vs Menzerna

zeus201

Established Member
If it is light marring, a white pad with: SSR1, Menzerna Nano / Micro. Any finishing polish will probably work.

- Ryan

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
just what zeus said, start with a white pad with any of those and go at it, if you are not able to see a change in the paint or if there are more stubborn swirls then bump up to an orange pad and something similar to SSR2.5, then go back over it with the white pad and ssr1 and you should be good to go. Smooth as glass finish. And of course top with a wax of your choice.

zeus201

Established Member
just what zeus said, start with a white pad with any of those and go at it, if you are not able to see a change in the paint or if there are more stubborn swirls then bump up to an orange pad and something similar to SSR2.5, then go back over it with the white pad and ssr1 and you should be good to go. Smooth as glass finish. And of course top with a wax of your choice.

+1. I haven't used this combo but it seems to be getting high praise the Meg's 105/205 combo. It's relatively inexpensive and seems to produce pretty good results.

One last thing to add, I'd suggest before your wax / sealant, use a paintwork cleaner like Klasse AIO, XMT 360, etc then top with your lsp.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
So SSR 1 then a wax? I wouldn't need to do any glazes or sealants before I wax?

those are optional. If after you have gotten the paint restored to the best condition you can, then applying a glaze, to help mask any minor imperfections would be a option, additionally a sealant is also an option, to help really protect all your hard work and your clear coat from the environment. neither of those two are necessary but yes they are options.

so it would be polish paint to the best condition you can get it into, apply a glaze, apply sealant, then apply wax. That combo would give you the cleanest, most durable and richest shining paint you could ask for.

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
what color is your car? mine is black, and since it is a garage queen, i leave it finished with Klasse AIO, so far the best sealant/wax ive used. im sure there are better out there, i just havent tried it yet

Users who are viewing this thread