Pinnacle Soveran

glittle75

Established Member
^^ this, and I use Souveran as well. Great wax for shows and such. The only trade is the durability. I use Adam's Americana regularly. The day before a show ill hit it with the souveran and Pinnacle's quick detailer right before the show to boost it up. Works great and gets ALOT of looks and compliments, even on my Azure Blue. AB is a nice color, but loses some of the deep gloss effect reds and blacks get.

Think of a sealant as a 'base' coat and the wax as your 'clear' coat. The sealant lasts alot longer than a wax, and is made to directly seal the paint. Wax is more for gloss and effect. Not much in the way of protection. Other than the tight water beads.

Souveran on my Mach, Un-edited picture.

IMG_2213 by glittle75, on Flickr

And this is souveran after I corrected the paint. Outside photo, pitch dark, Halogen lights, about 2 feet from the car. This is the passenger side front fender and hood.

IMG_2033 by glittle75, on Flickr

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm in the minority but I have not been happy with my Wolfgang Fuzion on any of my cars yet. The only time I got results I was pleased with was after doing 2 coats.

hmm, interesting. what color cars were you applying it to? i've applied it to black, a dark grey metallic, torch red, and mystichrome. now granted these were all prepped extensively (and thats a big factor on how effective any wax or sealant for that matter will be)....but they all came out fantastic. The only other thing I've noticed is it works best with an extremely thin layer. I mean it spreads so well you might not think there's much on the app pad at all. just a very faint hazing will occur. And I do like to do 2 coats. micro thin coats.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
You're doing that backwards. You want sealant UNDER carnauba wax. Sealant needs paint to bond to. While carnauba will set up over sealant just fine.

My bad I type it backwards lol

drop014.jpg

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have used Pinnacle on my old TR 04, (c6zhombre's car now), and actually liked the results of ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax better. (Especially for the $$$)
Carnauba.jpg

4302728454_9cb3c592db_o.jpg

4301978987_953742d089_o.jpg

4302728744_b3ffe6d89d_o.jpg

4791522821_2cb065f0e0_b.jpg

4792156256_87f2a10636_b.jpg

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Clearkote is a good product, I did not think that they were still around.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
hmm, interesting. what color cars were you applying it to? i've applied it to black, a dark grey metallic, torch red, and mystichrome. now granted these were all prepped extensively (and thats a big factor on how effective any wax or sealant for that matter will be)....but they all came out fantastic. The only other thing I've noticed is it works best with an extremely thin layer. I mean it spreads so well you might not think there's much on the app pad at all. just a very faint hazing will occur. And I do like to do 2 coats. micro thin coats.

Torch Red and Stealth Grey. Usually over Wolfgang DGPS a couple days later, at times I thought it hindered the DGPS. The explanation that I came up with was it's a bad batch. Auto Geek gave it to me as part of a promo for buying X other products and it seemed too good to be true for the low $ I spent. I've used Pinnacle liquid Soveran on the same stealth grey car and I was very very impressed. As for the Fuzion, I've read through threads on Auto Geek and saw the results others had and found if baffling, assuming my jar is equal to theirs.

Palmer

Established Member
Looks awesome! I've been debating on buying some and after reading this thread I think I'm gonna finally give it a try.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
OMG that 4th pic:rockon:

Don't let him fool you, he never kept his red car that shiny :poke:

I love my Pinnacle waxes, they are less costly than my beloved Dodo Juice but last longer on a daily driver. I switched over to Pinnacle Liquid Souveran from the paste and it's my "go to" wax. Autogeek does make a ton of nice products and their customer service is second-to-none.

use5_zps8818a953.gif

use8_zps08f02627.gif

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have used Pinnacle on my old TR 04, (c6zhombre's car now), and actually liked the results of ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax better. (Especially for the $$$)
Carnauba.jpg

badass, Kevin. I had always meant to ask you what you used. I've never heard of that clearkote before, might give it a try :rockon:

Palmer

Established Member
Don't let him fool you, he never kept his red car that shiny :poke:

I love my Pinnacle waxes, they are less costly than my beloved Dodo Juice but last longer on a daily driver. I switched over to Pinnacle Liquid Souveran from the paste and it's my "go to" wax. Autogeek does make a ton of nice products and their customer service is second-to-none.

use5_zps8818a953.gif

use8_zps08f02627.gif

What pros/cons have you experienced going from the paste to the liquid? Does it basically seem to work the same? I was going to buy the paste just because I hadn't seen much info about the liquid form.

mach14604

Established Member
I have two comp orange cars and love the look of the Pinncale and bought some because of this thread. I will also be buying some of that Moose in the near future to see how I like that.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Damn, im kinda considering picking up a tub of this next time it goes on sale.

That gloss and depth even on TR is insanity. Downside is it really brings out the factory orange peel but unless you wanna wetsand just to get rid of that and remove clear in the process, id say thats a fair tradeoff for gloss and depth. Sweet Jesus @ dat wet look.

I wonder how this would look like applied over some Collinite 845....

Last edited:

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Damn, im kinda considering picking up a tub of this next time it goes on sale.

That gloss and depth even on TR is insanity. Downside is it really brings out the factory orange peel but unless you wanna wetsand just to get rid of that and remove clear in the process, id say thats a fair tradeoff for gloss and depth. Sweet Jesus @ dat wet look.

I wonder how this would look like applied over some Collinite 845....

I wonder the same thing with 845. I am also thinking how it would look over BFWD.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
What pros/cons have you experienced going from the paste to the liquid? Does it basically seem to work the same? I was going to buy the paste just because I hadn't seen much info about the liquid form.

I switched over to a Porter Cable 7424 so moving to the liquid made it much easier to apply to the pad. I use Dodo Juice Rubbish Boy's for my paste nowadays, as the DJ IMO far exceeds anything Souveran can do. I wax my car so much during warm weather, using a paste with the PC makes life too difficult. Yes I know I'm lazy. I ain't 22 anymore like some of you whippersnappers.

Overall for ease of use, easy on/off, shine/longevity etc you can't beat Liquid Souveran. Anyone considering please note that Pinnacle changed the recipe recently and now it comes off as MUCH thinner, almost like water, if you don't shake the living hell out of it for an extended period. First time I used my newest bottle, it squirted out all over the place. I discovered removing half the wax from the bottle and shaking upside down vigorously, gets the thicker ingredients activated. Thus it goes back to the consistancy that's easy to work with.

I wonder the same thing with 845. I am also thinking how it would look over BFWD.

Ask and you shall receive lol. I put it over my Pinnacle, didn't add anything but extra work. I honestly can say I hated the Collinite (have a nearly full bottle if anyone wants to trade for some White Moose). The Collonite (to me) was even more difficult to get get mixed up, and seemed oily in general. It was not as easy to put on or get off as the Pinnacle.

Now the pics I posted were of Liquid Souveran topped with Rubbish Boy's. Wonderful in all aspects.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wait, you put the collinite on top of the souveran?

"Theres your problem..."

Waxes are supposed to be on top of sealants. Seal the paint for protection and durability then add wax for depth and gloss.

Also, the application method for collinite is very important. I put the bottle in a pot of hot water to get it nice and liquidy then dump some into a spray bottle. One spritz of a foam applicator pad per panel, i use the same technique as say Klasse Sealant Glaze. I do the whole car then remove with a super plush microfiber. By the time im done applying the first sections have hazed over very lightly.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Wait, you put the collinite on top of the souveran?

"Theres your problem..."

Waxes are supposed to be on top of sealants. Seal the paint for protection and durability then add wax for depth and gloss.

Also, the application method for collinite is very important. I put the bottle in a pot of hot water to get it nice and liquidy then dump some into a spray bottle. One spritz of a foam applicator pad per panel, i use the same technique as say Klasse Sealant Glaze. I do the whole car then remove with a super plush microfiber. By the time im done applying the first sections have hazed over very lightly.

I may have mispoken then...the Collinite I have is wax not sealant. Since I threw the bottle in a box and never wanted to see it again, I just assumed the bottle I had was 845, hell it's obviously not what we are talking about lol. I'll dig it out and check the actual number tonight. I did try the hot water method but didn't have much luck. The greasiness was the biggest detractor though. Bad batch maybe?

In any case, if anyone wants to trade a new bottle for some White Moose I'm your Huckleberry ;-)

crazycarlo

Established Member
845 is a wax. It says on the bottle Insulator Wax. Everyone Ive seen use it says they heat it up one way or another and you have to put it on really thin. They also almost always put a 2nd coat on. From what ive been told it beads and has durability like no other. Ill be buying a bottle soon.

Users who are viewing this thread