Piloti Driving Shoes, Anybody tried them?

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I haven't worn them but I have seen them in person. They are nice shoes from what I saw. The guy I know with them swears by them and had at least 3 pairs he wore them on a daily basis along with in his race car. You can buy them from him here:

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/StoreFront

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A guy on our Formula SAE team wore them all the time on a daily basis. He also worked for a few race teams and for JRZ suspension, so he must know something about them that I don't.

I'd say just find a narrow shoe with a thin sole that you can try on first.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd say go to a shoe store and have them measure your foot to get an accurate size (length and width). Then order the appropriate Piloti shoe size. I was a size 10.5" years. I bought a pair of running shoes and my foot started bothering me at the front. I bought another brand, same size. Same problem. The store told me to let them measure my foot. I'm thinking, "why bother, I know my size hasn't changed". Guess what? I'm now a size 11! I've had no problems since. So an accurate foot size measurement is the most important thing in getting the best fit.

Pudmunkies

Established Member
sikklightning04 said:
I wear Pumas and they work great, amazing petal feel.

Thin enough to feel a rose petal!?!!? ;)

Piloti's are very nice... Its a different shoe feel for me though since I am used to wearing Vans

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I have the Piloti G16's and they have a great feel. I can even heel-toe shift on the Cobra with the stock pedal heights.

The Piloti sizing seems to run a bit large though, so if you normally take a size 11 shoe, you might want to get a size 10.5 Piloti.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
NyteByte said:
The Piloti sizing seems to run a bit large though, so if you normally take a size 11 shoe, you might want to get a size 10.5 Piloti.

I found the same thing with my Simpson race shoes.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Great info so far! Now I am really leaning towards ordering a pair. But if anyone else has anything to say about Pilotis or other driving shoes that are decent for everyday use, please chime in. It will be this weekend before I actually place the order. :beer:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
i have the rallye's. i only wear them when i do alot of driving. great shoe, and comfortable. i'm thinking of getting a pair of their prototipo's...

Users who are viewing this thread