Piece of the World Trade Centers

SlowLNF

Established Member
A piece of the World Trade Centers was awarded to a local fire department here. My fire department took our ladder truck up there to participate in the welcoming. For now the piece will be sitting on a trailer, but on September 11th of this year it will be raised to it's final resting spot in a memorial that is being built at the Fire Station. There was a CNN or NBC (can't remember which) reporter that rode with the piece from NYC all the way to Brown City, MI. Not to mention a huge following of motorcycles and emergency vehicles.

Here's a link to a local news report.

Remembering heroes: Brown City receives piece of World Trade Center | The Times Herald | thetimesherald.com

Here's some pictures

Sandusky's Aeriel truck
001-2.jpg

Lapeer's Aeriel truck (my department)
003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

Yale's Aeriel truck
012-2.jpg

Marlette's Aeriel truck arriving
013-2.jpg

Raising Sandusky's and Lapeer's Aeriels
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJgpX0jSH4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Lapeer's and Sandusky's Aeriel Trucks‬‏[/nomedia]

The Arrival of the Piece (I'm the 3rd one down the line in black uniform)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0neDfqlb2HU"]YouTube - ‪World Trade Centers Piece Arriving in Brown City, MI‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Pretty cool man. One of our stations here in Houston has a nice memorial in their station with a peice as well.

Common

Established Member
I managed to get one semi decent picture recently from a helicopter with some point and shoot zoom, pretty bummed I didnt have a better camera. The plans for the new wtc and memorial are pretty nice and I heard the pace that they're building with is insane.

dpvehy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread