Pictures from the local cruise night with the D40

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
My brother and I went out for the annual cruise night here in Abilene, so I decided to take the camera out there and see what kind of shots I could get. These are my best shots.

For those that are interested they were taken with a D40 with the 18-55mm lens at f8 and a shutter speed of 60th of a second and hand held. This was my first attempt at panning, but I like the way they came out. Higher resolution available if anyone wants to see them. Enjoy :banana:

We'll start with my brothers SRT8 Charger

DSC_0084.jpg

and here is what it looks like when it is sitting still

DSC_0202-Edit.jpg

Random stangs

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

Only shot I could get of this black cobra

DSC_0177.jpg

New Challenger

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Other misc rides

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0173-Edit.jpg

My brothers other vehicle - 98 Trans am (his wife driving)

DSC_0198.jpg

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I was never a fan of the newer Viper body when it came out, but it has officaly grown on me. I don't know if I would say I like it better than the original, but I certainly like it in it's own right. There's a badass Snakeskin green one that belongs to a guy who owns a gas station in town. I don't know if he runs it, but intend to find out...

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Did anybody catch the freakin "Delorian" from Back To The Future, thats awesome !!!
Every car was really nice, simple & clean

MoneyPit5.4

Established Member
I recently bought a D60, so I would have a really good camera when my son was born (9-9-08) so I could take pics of him and his big sis.

What setting was the camera on when you took those. I plan to go to the local 1/4mi track this coming Friday and take some shots. I have not been able to master the moving shots w/o them turning out like shiznit.

I have a friend at work that is a "professional" (gets paid to take pics) and I hope to pick her brain as well.

Blake

Last edited:

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
I recently bought a D60, so I would have a really good camera when my son was born (9-9-08) so I could take pics of him and his big sis.

What setting was the camera on when you took those. I plan to go to the local 1/4mi track this coming Friday and take some shots. I have not been able to master the moving shots w/o them turning out like shiznit.

I have a friend at work that is a "professional" (gets paid to take pics) and I hope to pick her brain as well.

Blake

Shutter priority with it set between 1/40 and 1/60 of a second. Thats really about it.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Users who are viewing this thread