Pics request: painted 99 01 cobra manifolds and engine bays

Dimitri318

Established Member
Looks like I'm keeping my car and I wanna start dressing up the engine bay starting by painting the manifold. If anyone could post up pics of there engine bays I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking painting it black then painting the snake either blue or yellow. If anyone with a yellow car has pics that would be great.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
I ceramic coated my upper intake and left alone the lower one, can't really see it.

Picture539.jpg

Picture596.jpg

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Here is my friends 4V swapped Saleen with color matched intake.
0318091728b.jpg

0318091728a.jpg

Mine is powder coated black. Oddly enough, I don't have any pics of it yet. I'll get some when I go to the shop on Monday.

Last edited:

Dimitri318

Established Member
Thanks guys both of those look awesome...if u could get pics of the black intake that would be great that's what color I wanna do mine..keep em coming guys :banana:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Damn, those look great! Here are my flat black intakes prior to them being installed.

Sullivan Lower Intake/HPP Custom Sheetmetal Upper

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

'01 Cobra Intake

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

Dimitri318

Established Member
Those look good sir riccus that's almost exactly what I was looking for. If u don't mind me asking go much did u pay for the cobra intake to get painted and who did it?

Dimitri318

Established Member
I also wanna get my upper and lower ported if anyone knows of a good place to maybe port and powdercoat the intake at the same time.

Dimitri318

Established Member
Wow Juiced that looks great. thats exactly what i wanna do except put a little yellow in there. Now if i could only find some pics of some yellow cobras. Thanks for the help guys :banana::pepper:

CobraMac

Established Member
SirRiccus and I planned many things together....here is mine pretty much completely finished...everything PC'd flat black, and I mean EVERYTHING...even the coolant crossover...the only things that aren't are the alternator and belt tensioner

DSCN0078.jpg

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

And lastly....what's powering it....
DSCN0080.jpg

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
Here is my friends 4V swapped Saleen with color matched intake.
0318091728b.jpg

0318091728a.jpg

Mine is powder coated black. Oddly enough, I don't have any pics of it yet. I'll get some when I go to the shop on Monday.

Why does it look like your friends saleen has 2 MAFs? A slot style and a stock one with a mafia?

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Why does it look like your friends saleen has 2 MAFs? A slot style and a stock one with a mafia?

I don't know, unless you are mistaking the rubber coupling for a MAF down towards the Blow off valve. As Cobramac said, it's just a slot style with a MAFia. That set up has since been changed also. We got rid of the rubber elbow off the TB, and replaced it with a procharger aluminum elbow, and also moved the blow off into the fender to clean up the MAF signal, like we did on my car.
0208101646.jpg

0208101645a.jpg

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Here's my powdercoated black upper and lower 01' Cobra intake:

fusiblelink.jpg

CIMG2961.jpg

This is my old setup, new setup includes black-crinkle VC's and a bunch of other changes in the engine bay...

blowngt

Established Member
Here's mine. Valve covers, upper and lower intake have been powder coated black. The intake pipes were polished.

I'm digging everything powdered black after seeing it though.......

dsc00110ob0.jpg

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Anyone ever see a sonic blue car with the 01 style intake painted to match? I am going with polished intake pipes, SB powdercoated valve covers, polished coil covers with "TERMINATOR" engraved in them but I dont know what to do with the upper intake. I was thinking polished or blue. Let me know what you guys think.

Users who are viewing this thread