Pics of the Dyno sheet

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
I couldn't get the scaner to work and someone asked me for pics of it just cant remember if it was someone on here or M1R so here they go. Its also without my cat back and Xpipe. I had MAC cat back with the prochamber. I dont know if it will make a difference.

Dynosheet.jpg
[/IMG]

Dynosheet2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
prolly close to what he is making i would guess i havent seen much higher than that without heads or cams

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
STD numbers...........pretty nice though.....Very smooth A/F. What timing are you running?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
STD is normally a few hp higher than the SAE numbers. Adding 96-98 Cobra cams is a cheap mod and can get ya near 340...SAE.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
STD is normally a few hp higher than the SAE numbers. Adding 96-98 Cobra cams is a cheap mod and can get ya near 340...SAE.

+1.

He'd be a good candidate for intake cam swaps to see before and aft. of the HP/TQ and Curve. Nothing but the cams and tune.

I'd REALLY like to see that one. :beer:

DR 305

Banned
Very nice numbers. The industry standard is SAE numbers. STD numbers are always higher, because they are not corrected to atmospheric conditions. My Mach puts down 570 rwhp under SAE, when not corrected, STD, it is nearly 600 rwhp. :rolling:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member

Intake and exhaust cams, or just the intake cams?

What is the difference between the cams (specs on intake and exhaust of both cars)?

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
The industry standard is SAE numbers. STD numbers are always higher, because they are not corrected to atmospheric conditions. My Mach puts down 570 rwhp under SAE, when not corrected, STD, it is nearly 600 rwhp. :rolling:

STD numbers are corrected certain atmospheric conditions, just conditions that are a bit more ideal than the SAE correction factor.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Intake and exhaust cams, or just the intake cams?

What is the difference between the cams (specs on intake and exhaust of both cars)?

Just the intake cams. IDK the spec's off the top of my head. Basically the intake cams on the 96-98s are better for upper HP and machs are better for lower TQ.

It just depends on what your goal is.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

mach cams: 184 deg duration
99/01 cobra cams: 200 deg dur
96-98 cams: 204 deg dur

The 96-98 intake cams, when installed at a lower lobe center, will produce just as much torque as the Mach cams.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mach cams: 184 deg duration
99/01 cobra cams: 200 deg dur
96-98 cams: 204 deg dur

The 96-98 intake cams, when installed at a lower lobe center, will produce just as much torque as the Mach cams.

No other mods just LC?

You've mentioned that before, just never seen it done with that being the only thing. Kind of tough to really look for that though, because usually there are more mods added/changed at the same time. You're probably tired of me saying this, but I'd really love to see nothing but intake cam changes before and after and Tune/degree/LC changes to see what the results would be.

WIll installing at a lower LC affect upper HP/rpm much? I honestly DK. :shrug:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It will increase the power throught the entire range.

I would love to get my hands on a Mach and and get some numbers from just a cam swap. I'd do the work for free just to get the results.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

I would love to get my hands on a Mach and and get some numbers from just a cam swap. I'd do the work for free just to get the results.

Hmmm..too bad I dont' ahve a mach and too bad you're so far away. I'd be wililng to have my car as the test vehicle. :lol:

vols fan

Established Member

If it hadn't rained and snowed two weekends ago we would have know what the cams would gain. I was going to get a base line before putting my 98 cams in but after another week of them sitting in the house I just couldn't wait no more lol.

Users who are viewing this thread