Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
ce023601.jpg

Stock^
ca7f8df1.jpg

Prokit^
d0f93120.jpg

Sportlines^

When I was shopping for springs I didn't really want to slam my car like I had in the past. So I did the prokit. It didn't give the drop I wanted, Everyone said wait a week or two or a month to let it settle. All of the settling happened in the first 4 days. I was not satisfied with the drop at all and decided the sportlines were the spring for me. I haven't scraped one thing, My 03 Cobra had a lower hanging underside that seemed to scrape on everything. These newer cars have a very flat underside, and the ride is actually pretty nice. Stock shocks and struts, eibach camber bolts, BMR panhard, trimmed bump stops. Very satisfied. I just thought this may help those that are comparing springs.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Excellent post, the pro kits don't lower enough. I have been eyeing the bmr springs or steedas, but those sportlines look great, good news with no scraping. How long have you had them?

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
I have the pro kits i agree i still have a huge gap but the main concern is it didnt help the handling as much as i would have thought, i have then on for like 10 days and put about 150miles, cant go any lower my driveway destroys lowered cars.

kingnut

Established Member
Looks awesome! If you want a near stock ride and a similar drop I highly recommend the Steeda Ultra Lites!

sportlines are 2" drop in the back, ultralites are only 1.5". front is about the same.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I like the sportline drop. I just finished up my spring install yesterday. Hopefully I'll be happy with the dub springs that I got since I don't want to have to do another spring install again.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
Excellent post, the pro kits don't lower enough. I have been eyeing the bmr springs or steedas, but those sportlines look great, good news with no scraping. How long have you had them?

I've been on the sportlines for about a month now i think, and they didn't even need to settle, this was how it looked the day i installed them.

chao5.0

Established Member
do you think you would scrape if you had LT's? also how is the ride with the sportlines? i expect it to be stiffer than stock but is it harsh or just a little stiffer than stock?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
haven't aligned it yet, will this weekend. I crawl over speed bumps, if i can't avoid them.

Bump to see if it aligned fine for you. I think I'm going to do (another) spring install. I already have camber bolts, but I'm being cheap since I don't want to have to buy C/C plates and new dampeners.

13GT

Established Member
Sup dude I just installed Sportlines in my 13. Any issues getting into specs when you got an alignment. I'm planning on ordering some camber bolts and and an adjustable panhard bar.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
What was the ride quality with the sportlines vs the pro kit?

How did the alignment go?

01bluesnake

Established Member
The ride quality with the pro kit really hasn't changed much. It also didn't drop as much as I was hoping and left the rear sitting high still. The only suspension mod is the pro kit, all else is stock.

Last edited:

JimD

Established Member
Sorry guys...one more question.....did you keep all of the other suspension parts stock other than the springs. I would like to just do the springs this year and like the sportlines.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread