pics of stage3 Roush

jwhite

Established Member
finally got the car shined up and took some pics at FFW in Topeka.
2001 Roush stage3

ffwtopeka20050021.jpg

ffwtopeka20050025.jpg

DSC010791.jpg

DSC010771.jpg

burnout1.jpg

Last edited:

jwhite

Established Member
DDogsrt461BLK said:
:thumbsup: Looks hot, how she run? I do like your car, clean as a whisle. I'll take 2. :rockon:

thank ya, thank ya!

the car is a 2001 with only 17k miles...so i guess that helps in keeping it clean.

the roush stage 3 was designed as more of a road race car;
rather than a 1/4 mile car; however, i have only had a chance
to take it down the 1/4 so far.

here is a timeslip from my best time...
timeslip.jpg

i've only had it for about 4 months so i definitely need some more seat time.
i think the car is capable of reaching into the 12.6's...of course, i need to lear to
drive it better first.

to the rear wheels, it puts down 370rwhp & 369rwtq.
1751-304-3671.jpg

the car is pretty close power-wise to a stock 03/04 cobra; however, i'm dealing
with a 2v gt motor. at 370hp to the wheels, i believe i am close,(well, close enough
for me) to the edge of what the gt block can hold.

thanks for all the nice comments!

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
I need to learn how to drive my car to. First time I took it to to track
I ran a 13 flat with over 400 rwhp and rwtq :nonono: BTW that's a bad ass car :rockon:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome! Absolutely awesome. I've always loved the Stage 3 Roush cars. Even sweeter in black! :)

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Not to shabby of driving, 1.9 60ft time isn't bad at all. I would kill to get a sub 2.0 60 ft time. Judging by your mph you should have no problem getting that thing in the 12's. I too myself are in the same boat as you just alittle slower 2.15 13.4 at 107 is my best et to date on pump, street tires, and full interior. Nothing wrong with a looker with a pair to back it up. With slicks and a grit your teeth launch and I don't see a problem with you getting your 12.6 time. I hate going to the track and seeing my mph higher than the cars running 12.8 at 106, and I'm 13.4 at 107, ohwell street tires being 6inches wide and no traction, I guess I can't complaint. I hear you on the power level, the block can take alot more but the internals is where you are gambling. Still you car is pimp chit, you rwd lucky bastard, if you even want to lend me some traction, don't be bashful, send me a bucket full, I could use it! :beer:

01GT281

Established Member
i wanted to go so bad. damn work wouldn't let me off and had me scheduled for the weekend. thanks for the pics, your car is hawt.

jwhite

Established Member
thanks to everyone for the compliments!

i just realized (well i had a hunch) that my clutch is gone!
i'm pretty sure i fried it trying to do a heel/toe burn out...but we wont talk about that.

anywho. i am replacing it with a centerforce dual friction clutch (should easily handle my tq level)

i am also going to install a hurst roll control...(so i dont fry another clutch doing a botched burnout)...

and while it's down, i am going to swap out the 3.73's for a set of 3.55's.
i feel that the 3.55's will help lower my 1/4 mile time...we shall see...

well...with those upgrades/mods, and some cooler weather this fall...i am bound to hit 12 something.

finger's crossed.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread