Pics of my neighbor's new C6...

COBRA32

Established Member
I do not like the front end at all. Rest of the car is not too bad, but that front end has to go. Should have looked like a modern 67 stingray. To h*ll with aero designs, put a bigger engine in there to push it through the wind faster. The Vette lost something in this redesign. It does not look like a vette with that front-end; viper clone yes vette no. Mercedes and Porsche are the best at paying attention to their heritage. Does a Porsche look like a Ferrari? Another example does a Lambo look like an Aston Martin. The Porsche is very aerodynamic and in no way does it look like any other car. Problem with today's cars is most of them look the same. A Vette does not need to look like other cars; it needs to look like a Vette. That’s my opinion. Is the car good? Probably is and only time will tell for sure.

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
G-Z06 i thought you were in the police department at first when i seen your sig banner. but then i read under it. lol

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
LS-WHAT? said:
G-Z06 i thought you were in the police department at first when i seen your sig banner. but then i read under it. lol

;-) :rockon:

robiferretti

Established Member
i drove a yellow c6 last night, it didn't have any special appeal to me bacuse it wasn't nearly on par with my c5. But for a stock car it looks good and is fun. The only thing is it sits high and feels like your sitting in a mustang, (high seating position) Other then that its a nice daily driver. Couldn't get into it because it was parked next to a diablo sv in the garage and i was talked into trying out the vette :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
COBRA32 said:
I do not like the front end at all. Rest of the car is not too bad, but that front end has to go. Should have looked like a modern 67 stingray. To h*ll with aero designs, put a bigger engine in there to push it through the wind faster. The Vette lost something in this redesign. It does not look like a vette with that front-end; viper clone yes vette no. Mercedes and Porsche are the best at paying attention to their heritage. Does a Porsche look like a Ferrari? Another example does a Lambo look like an Aston Martin. The Porsche is very aerodynamic and in no way does it look like any other car. Problem with today's cars is most of them look the same. A Vette does not need to look like other cars; it needs to look like a Vette. That’s my opinion. Is the car good? Probably is and only time will tell for sure.
I agree with you as far as the front end. Looks too much like an import, a Mazda RX8 to be exact. But that's just my opinion. I just think they could have done a bit better overall with the design. But the majority seem to love it.

A2V2NV

Established Member
Something tells me it looks better in person, that's the way the new 'stang is...when you look at a new GT up close, it really looks good! The rear end is supposed to look like a '60-'70 sportsroof (fastback). Granted, the '65-'66 tailights look the best, but new companies are constrained by law, they have to have tailights that are huge!!

joe

A2V2NV

Established Member
I like the "RX-7" front end, but then again, I have always thought the last gen. RX-7's were wonderful sports cars.....

This car is exciting to me, chevrolet is progressing this car in technology, etc. Pop up headlights are just dated.....But I still LOVE C5's!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that some hate and some love, means one thing....The corvette is not a dull, boring car!! My guess is that after driving one around for a while, everyone would love it! Makes me wish I could get the new GT with a big 'ol 351 windsor in it!!

joe

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:
+1, noone.

FYI, pwnt - of the 3 LS1s ive had - the only one i had a problem with interior with was my TRANS AM - nothing in either of my 2 camaro LS1s (or even my other 2 v6s which were both 94s) fell apart - so why don't you get your facts straight then come talk shit

I love these debates how one domestic is more reliable than another. I own jap / german / US Junk. The quality of domestic be it my SVT or a Camaro SS is about them same. Yes my domestics require many more repairs but the parts are usally much cheaper. Lets face out of all my cars my subaru or toyota have hands down been the most reliable cars I have ever owned. I buy american cars that are fast period. Not saying there aren't a few jap or euro cars that are fast but I usaully won't spend more than 40k on a car so that rules them out. Hence I am driving a REDkNECK Cobra SVT ( I am somewhat embarassed till I slam the throttle, and then I am like Audi S6 what:) Anyhow my opinion is domestic is high maintenance junk. The only reason why I deal with noisy engines and other quirks is good performance for the buck.

This has been a opinion nothing more. If domestics are going to suck so much dealer service could be much better.

Swervin

Token Darkee
Established Member
That Vette is Mighty PIMP indeed. I'd rock one. I sat in one about a week ago at the dealership. Sunset Orange is the color i'd pick. I love the dash lights and keyless start :)

Users who are viewing this thread