pics of my L

blownsvt

Established Member
took some pics of my lightning the other day.

DSC00132.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00134.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00135.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00137.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

blownsvt

Established Member
2004sonicblueL said:
if you dont mind how much did you spend on the roll bar im thinking of doing one in my truck??

THANXCameron

i built the roll cage myself. it cost me $109.00 in material (1" 5/8 HREW tubing) i still need to put the rear bars in, but i dont have the glass. i wouldnt suggest putting a cage in a daily driver. it sucks getting in and out. the mods to the truck are sct programmer, 6lb pulley, 92mm mass air, electric fan, heat exchanger, FTVB, 2600 stall, ported blower, and some other small stuff.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Hey you cant be too safe in these trucks!!! We definatley need to see a mod list... With the rollcage I'm thinking its going to be long!

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
blownsvt said:
the mods to the truck are sct programmer, 6lb pulley, 92mm mass air, electric fan, heat exchanger, FTVB, 2600 stall, ported blower, and some other small stuff.
Thats all the mods you have on this truck and you put a roll cage in it??? :shrug: I hope you have plans for a built motor with turbo/kb/whipple because you are no where near the power level for needing a roll cage. :??:

WhiteStallionGT

Slider said:
Thats all the mods you have on this truck and you put a roll cage in it??? :shrug: I hope you have plans for a built motor with turbo/kb/whipple because you are no where near the power level for needing a roll cage. :??:

It's a truck though. It's a lot easier to flip a lightning.

mustangbee

Established Member
Slider said:

WTF..ok, so he cant put a rollcage in it first?

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
mustangbee said:
WTF..ok, so he cant put a rollcage in it first?
Hence, why I said I hope he has plans for built motor with turbo/kb/whipple. If he does, fine. If not, then...well you already know what I think. Nice job on the install either way.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Slider said:
Hence, why I said I hope he has plans for built motor with turbo/kb/whipple. If he does, fine. If not, then...well you already know what I think. Nice job on the install either way.

Nothing wrong with being safe and tieing the frame together for extra strength. Even go-carts have a roll cage setup with their beastly 3.5hp lawnmower engine.... :poke:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Blk91stang said:
Nothing wrong with being safe and tieing the frame together for extra strength. Even go-carts have a roll cage setup with their beastly 3.5hp lawnmower engine.... :poke:
Come on now, go carts??? Why even bring that up in this.
Basically what I am getting at, its like having a fox body mustang and putting pullies and a gear in it and then putting a cage in it. Whatever floats your boat. Like I said before, nice job on the instal anyways! Very clean! :beer:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Zero260 said:
It's a truck though. It's a lot easier to flip a lightning.

Than what?? It's only easier to flip b/c it's faster than your car. :poke:

Easy to flip? have you ever been in one?

Dude your car sits higher than my truck... is yours a 4x4?

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Slider said:

+1

not understanding the roll cage :??:

I doubt that cage adds any useable amount of torsional/bending rigidity to that truck.

great for a 3300lb unibody car
not so great for a 4700lb, tough as nails, full framed pick up truck

blownsvt

Established Member
no the truck is not fast enough to need a cage. i built the cage while i was going to school at wyotech where i had the facility and all the tools i needed. i have plans on doing a twin turbo setup with it soon. the truck ran a 12.69 two years ago with just the basic chip, pulley, intake and slicks. i will also say that the cage does stiffen up the frame. you wouldnt think that the stock frame twist alot, but it does. anyway, thanks for the positive comments :rockon:

bad98sst

fast pickemup
Established Member
not to get too off topic...but im curious as to how your experience went at wyotech? Ive been contemplating the blairseville location or going to another tech school over here in lima, OH called University of Northwestern Ohio. Just wanted to soo what you though about it..any input helps.

Users who are viewing this thread