Pics of a Black GT-500 Vert in Atlanta.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Hey guys, just wanted to share a few pics of the Black GT-500 Vert that was here in Atlanta. Jim Tidwell off of Barrett Parkway where I happened across this car today price tag was 45K plus an additional 25K...if you really like this car then...well they have one so call them and buy the damn thing.

Anyway, I can't get the pictures of my digital camera right now so in the mean time enjoy some pictures from my phone.

photo071506004aj1.jpg

photo071506005pg4.jpg

photo071506006pi3.jpg

photo071506007ij0.jpg

photo071506009kz5.jpg

photo071506010eq3.jpg

photo071506011oh9.jpg

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
badboysbailagnt said:
bandwidth already gone lol
Nah I just f-ed up my hosting by being a moron and pasting the wrong directory.

Pics are now up.

I should be able to upload my real camera pics some time soon hopefully... alot better detail.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Not a big fan of the Conv, But still a buety :rockon:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Thanks guys, I have a Treo 650 and I love the ever living hell out of it...I got some great pictures from this years US Grand Prix.

As for the car I explained it to my girlfriend like this...

I have waited 3 years to finally see this car, touch it, smell and generally take it in.

When I walked in and saw that it was my least favorite combo I just couldn't get incredibly excited. I did enjoy seeing it, and I know that had it been a Vista Blue Coupe with the white stripes or a Red Coupe with white stripes I would have been in love. I sat in it, poured over it and tried to get a good feel of what the car was about while there. Over all it is a nice car not 70K nice but in time that will change.

Shifter was loose like a factory car usually is. I also checked out a GT to test the difference and they seemed about equally as loose. Stitched dash is a nice touch, and so was the steering wheel. I was very surpised at some of the small little leather accents spread through out the cabin here and there. I was also impressed with comfort of the seats, they may not hold you to well under heavy cornering but they are indeed supportive.

One thing I did notice is that putting LT's on this car won't be to difficult. There is plenty of room on the passenger side to pass them down or have some one help you out. Driver side didn't look any more difficult than doing a GT of old.

One thing ammusing did happen, the salesmen blerted out that this was not an SVT car...it was a Shelby. I said nothing I just pointed my finger at the SVT plaque on the vavle cover and then at the coil cover...he said nothing.

Last edited:

cobra12003

Established Member
Quess I will have to wait to see one in person, it still looks a little plain in pictures. The engine compartment looks like a plumber ran all them hoses.i do like the wheels.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Not really a fan of verts, but that one looks great. Can't wait to see one slammed with a light bar and tonneu(sp?) cover. :coolman:

drmustang

Banned
45K plus 25K. I'll bet they are getting some great responses to that type of pricing.

I'd like to see Jim Tidwells reaction if Ford took the invoice and added $25,000 to his cost.

jimmy77

Established Member
I'd like to see Jim Tidwells reaction if Ford took the invoice and added $25,000 to his cost.[/QUOTE]

TRUE.....I'd love to see Ford mark up their stuff to dealers. At least Ford would still be building cars a couple of years from now. The way its going now, Fords going under and that dealer is gonna be selling hunydas.

I hate to sound like a big whiner but, I just have a big problem with some slick talk'n dealer making more money per car than the guys who design,test,paint,and assemble them. I'd feel much better about it if Ford raised MSRP a grand and let me build and buy it online. I just as soon NOT go through the "pleasure" of buying one from the dealer....heck, you can buy everyhing else online. Dealers should be doing prep/warranty work and thats it!

On second thought I don't even want them prepping my car....i'll tear the plastic off!

Last edited:

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
When the dealer told you there is a $25k markup...you should have proceeded to turn around, pull down your pants, and moon him.

I'm more of a coupe guy myself...but that is one sexy vert!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
When the dealer told you there is a $25k markup...you should have proceeded to turn around, pull down your pants, and moon him.

I'm more of a coupe guy myself...but that is one sexy vert!

As much fun as that would be...and believe me I would do it if given the opportunity, I just don't care a thing for that color or option combo...I hope they get that much for it but a little birdy tells me they will sell it for around 5-10K over sticker and be happy.

Don't worry guys it won't be long until we are seeing them at every dealership. At that point it looses it's novelty and the sales at sticker will be more common place. I have a feeling that by December this year there will be quite a few people on here with one who previously thought they would have to wait a long time or not get one at all.

Users who are viewing this thread