-pics- MinGry03 + my 10th

bubbrubb

Got together with MinGry03 the other day to try to show him how to work his new camera... I don't think I did all that great of a job as a teacher and I don't think the pictures came out all that great either..... but you guys can be the judge of that.

One thing is for sure, his car is clean as hell. He's the only guy I know that keeps his car as clean as I do... which is saying a lot :beer:

I couldn't get the red of my car to come out right, so you guys will just have to use your imagination.. sorry :(

IMG_5355_6_7copy.jpg

IMG_5342_3_4.jpg

IMG_5380_1_2crop.jpg

IMG_5371_2_3crop.jpg

IMG_5374_5_6crop.jpg

IMG_5336_7_8edited.jpg

IMG_5358_59_60.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5377_8_9edit.jpg

I shot these in RAW, so if anybody has some pointers on what to do with em.... help a brother out :beer:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
While I'm pretty sure it was the first thing you changed, if you didn't, play with the White Balance next time, or, get a speedlight with a diffuser to kinda brighten things up with a different color temperature other than the temperature of the light coming from the pillars

Great location though!
and the photos came out very nice.

bubbrubb

While I'm pretty sure it was the first thing you changed, if you didn't, play with the White Balance next time, or, get a speedlight with a diffuser to kinda brighten things up with a different color temperature other than the temperature of the light coming from the pillars

Great location though!
and the photos came out very nice.

Thank you, I actually left the WB on auto but shot in RAW to try to fix it afterwards. What a mistake lol. Not an easy spot to try to learn how to adjust that stuff, cause there are those orangey-yellow bulbs on one side of the cars and the bright white/blue street lamps on the other & they mix together and make a big headache. I'm still kinda annoyed I couldn't get my red to come out anything like it really looked without completely ruining the rest of the picture :(

I've got some learning to do :read::dancenana::thumbsup:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Thank you, I actually left the WB on auto but shot in RAW to try to fix it afterwards. What a mistake lol. Not an easy spot to try to learn how to adjust that stuff, cause there are those orangey-yellow bulbs on one side of the cars and the bright white/blue street lamps on the other & they mix together and make a big headache. I'm still kinda annoyed I couldn't get my red to come out anything like it really looked without completely ruining the rest of the picture :(

I've got some learning to do :read::dancenana::thumbsup:

You are not the only one my friend. What camera are you shooting with?

I too, have some learning to do. I bought myself a Nikon D40 for my HS grad present and just bought a UV and polarizing filter but i still have alot of learning to do. But you are doing great my friend, your HDR's rock, and that shot of your engine bay :pepper: wow that looks nice! :beer:

bubbrubb

You are not the only one my friend. What camera are you shooting with?

I too, have some learning to do. I bought myself a Nikon D40 for my HS grad present and just bought a UV and polarizing filter but i still have alot of learning to do. But you are doing great my friend, your HDR's rock, and that shot of your engine bay :pepper: wow that looks nice! :beer:
Thank you! I really appreciate it :beer:

I shot all of these with the kit lense that the Canon rebel xt came with, some of them had some polarizers I borrowed from PJ when we were messing around with stuff, but I don't really know how to use them effectively or anything. I need to buy some nice glass for things like this though. Something like a 50mm prime lens would be nice to have around :rolling:

97mustang17

Established Member
i think they look awsome. where you at pittsburgh raceway a couple weeks ago by any chance if you were your car sounds awsome

4fit?

Established Member
Nice rides. Definitely a yellow cast coming from the flood lights. A Tungsten WB or maybe a custom one would make a bit of difference probably.

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
Got together with MinGry03 the other day to try to show him how to work his new camera... I don't think I did all that great of a job as a teacher and I don't think the pictures came out all that great either..... but you guys can be the judge of that.

Bo, pictures tuned out great. My pictures on the other hand, did not turn out so well. Thanks for the pointers, they helped out a lot. I just need more practice. :beer:

I love all the Carbon Fiebr on the Min Grey Termi

Thanks. It is actually painted on. The process is called Hyrdographics.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Great pics - very nice Cobra's. Bo yours is my favorite, along with 04Sleeper's, :D Everything flows so nicely and the engine bay is perfect.

That carbon fiber look on the MG is too cool! Never seen that before - so that's painted on? How does that work?

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
...That carbon fiber look on the MG is too cool! Never seen that before - so that's painted on? How does that work?....

What they do is first spray a base coat (any color). Once the base coat is applied and dry, they then apply the overlay. Once that is dry, they cover it with clear. Here is a better picture...

IMG_1032s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread